The Game Changers:
At AP+ we're changing the game! We're doing big things, and we can't do it alone. We're part of a big ecosystem, and we know teamwork and passion for our purpose is what will make us successful. We value the unique talents, perspectives, of all our employees. This includes people of all gender identities and sexual orientations, First Nations Peoples, people of all abilities and diverse backgrounds, as well as their families. AP+ brings together Australia’s three domestic payment providers, BPAY Group, eftpos and NPP Australia, into one integrated entity. Bringing these businesses together enables AP+ to create a more competitive and coordinated Australian payments organisation that is strategically placed to respond to the impacts of regulatory and technological change today, and into the future.
This role will lead the Payments project management team within the Delivery group. This team is responsible for internal and client facing projects, with a focus on payments related scope. The role will include responsibility and direct management of projects as allocation allows.
You will be responsible for:
- Take accountability for the delivery of internal and client facing projects, with a focus on payments related scope, and ensure their effective integration into the business.
- Manage stakeholder relationships internally and support external stakeholder engagement strategy through effective relationship building and alignment of project activities.
- Liaise with project sponsors and business owners to ensure support, resource allocation and stakeholder buy in to project activities to meet agreed outcomes.
- Lead and direct the Payments project management team, providing strategic and operational project oversight, including delivery to agreed outcomes, resource planning and management, effective business case development and quality information management.
- Directly project manage a subset of projects/initiatives within the portfolio.
- Participate in related project governance activities.
- Ensure governance is effective across the projects and project methodology is consistently applied.
- Oversee project reporting as required to identify, report on and manage project risks, including contingency planning and risk mitigation.
- Lead, coordinate and develop the project management team, ensuring resources are assigned as needed. Coach and develop project team members and work to build a reputation for successful industry project execution.
- Manage priorities and allocate resources to meet project deliverables; ensure skills and competency requirements are appropriate to project needs. Ensure resource allocation is aligned to project schedules, milestones and deliverables.
- Monitor project scope at a high level and work with stakeholders to assess, test and refine requirements.
- Manage change controls to ensure project outcomes are in line with organisational standards and quality expectations.
- Identify and manage cross-project dependencies and issues.
In order for you to be successful in the role, you'll have:
- Experience in dealing with multiple customers which may have competing business interests.
- Extensive experience in project governance, planning processes, techniques and methodology.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to deal with and manage internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience managing projects in the financial services or payments industry.
- Excellent ability to plan, organise and manage projects across business disciplines.
- Demonstrates the skills and know-how to develop a high-performing team.
- Ability to translate between business and technical stakeholders.
- Proven track record in project scheduling, change, financial management and control, monitoring / assurance, quality management and reporting.
- Good people management skills and a demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire a team to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated results orientation.
- Proven experience building rapport and trust with internal & external stakeholders.
- Sponsors the value of diversity within the team. Acknowledges and adapts to individual differences and working styles.
- Creates a customer focussed environment within the team. Manages customer expectations and balances customer and organisational needs.
- Clearly explains expectations and holds the team accountable for delivery.
We know applying for a role can be a nerve-wracking experience, so we endeavour to review applications and plan to schedule screening interviews within the next two weeks. If you are among selected candidates, we’ll be in touch to schedule a phone interview. In any case, we will keep you posted on the status of your application.
We want to remove all barriers to inclusion so if you need advice or support with your application, we’re here to help. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org We also encourage you to let us know your pronouns at any point during the recruitment process.
Last updated on Jan 11, 2024