Scope of Position:
The Houseperson is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and general appearance of public areas and corridors of the property as well as maintaining supplies and linen counts for the Room Attendants and ensuring guest satisfaction whenever necessary.
Position Responsibilities and Qualifications:
Education & Experience:
• High school diploma or GED certification helpful or experience in a hotel or related field.
• Hotel knowledge preferred.
• Bi-Lingual preferred.
• Long hours sometimes required, including nights and weekends.
• Heavy Work-Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 75 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand for long hours at a time, sometimes for entire shift.
• Ability to move quickly about the property to the various departments.
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written.
• Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
• Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of a particular need.
• Must be able to prioritize departmental functions to meet due dates and deadlines.
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic function.
Last updated on Feb 5, 2024