Edelman believes that business has an opportunity to deliver both economic and societal benefits. Today’s consumers more than ever before, expect – and demand – of companies that they lead with purpose, that they stand for something bigger. Which is why we partner with our clients to put sustainability and ESG at the heart of business and brand. Not bolted on, but built-in. Beyond reputation and risk management, to leadership and growth. From leading brands and companies to cutting-edge nonprofits, Edelman helps our clients drive meaningful change to positively impact their business, consumers, and the world –through sustainability, ESG, brand purpose, corporate citizenship, reporting, and more.
Edelman’s Social Impact & Sustainability team has an exciting opportunity for an Account Supervisor. This position will play a key role on our Social Impact & Sustainability team, focusing on communications strategy and execution, advisory services, stakeholder engagement, outreach, and new business development with clients spanning sectors such as finance, health, consumer products, food and beverage, technology, and nonprofit.
- Client and Project Oversight
- Play a lead and/or supporting role in the planning and development of strategic communications campaigns
- Develop frameworks, programs, and partnerships to build authentic and measurable corporate sustainability programs
- Build strong relationships with clients, supporting or serving as day-to-day lead across workstreams
- Manage quality and operational performance of accounts including budget management, ensuring smart thinking, innovative approaches, and attention to detail, and managed deadlines
- Provide strategic counsel on CSR/ESG strategy and communications in real-time to clients
- Build relationships with third-party thought leaders and internal business partners to meet client needs
- Produce high-quality, internal and external communications content, including memos and written recommendations
- Drive media relations, including creating and driving outreach plans, message development, and management of events
- Serve as a sustainability, social impact, and/or ESG subject matter resource and expert to other Edelman account teams
- Keep up with today’s corporate sustainability landscape and the implications for clients and key trends shaping our clients’ businesses
- Contribute to business growth through introducing clients to new capabilities, building a network of industry contacts, and participating in relevant professional organizations; aid in new business research and proposal preparation
- Team Management
- Supervise staff by motivating, coaching, consistently providing actionable feedback, and holding team members accountable
- Set achievable goals and tasks for direct reports; delegate opportunities and provide resources for staff to meet their goals; consistently measure and reward goal achievement
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant full-time experience in public relations/communications
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Have previous professional services or agency experience.
- Proven ability to manage and thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage and thrive in ambiguity
- Ability to address client issues thoughtfully, respectfully, and effectively
- Have a solid understanding of public relations and communications tools and how they are used
- Have strong knowledge of more than one of the following: corporate sustainability, brand purpose, social impact platform building, climate change, DEI, ESG, partnership building, philanthropy, stakeholder engagement, and global development in a communications setting.
- Experience in one or more sectors is a plus.
- Have a passion for producing high-quality work, with solid research, writing and editing skills
- Ability to develop relationships with media and apply experience and initiative in developing traditional and digital communications strategies
- Professional services or agency experience is strongly preferred
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
Edelman is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage racially and ethnically diverse people, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, parents, individuals with disabilities and members of any and all protected classes to apply.
Last updated on Oct 13, 2023