Sunday-Thursday starting at 4PM
99% touch freight
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION: Safely drive a tractor-trailer for the purpose of delivering various types of product (frozen, chilled and dry) to customers according to route schedule and specific timelines. This position is responsible for collecting payment and maintaining positive customer relations. Perform position in accordance with Safety Preferred Work Methods.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- · Ability to safely operate a tractor-trailer while adhering to all Federal, State and company regulations.
- Deliver product according to the route schedule. Immediately inform management team of any deviations. May be requested to run backhaul when necessary.
- Must safely unload and deliver all products into the customer’s facilities and place where appropriate (by the customer or company) either by hand, two-wheel dolly, pallet jack, etc.
- Correctly adjust invoices noting returns, shorts, etc.
- Maintain and report hours of service per D.O.T. requirements.
- Perform safety pre and post trip inspections on vehicle. Follows preferred Work Methods and observe all safety rules and regulations in an effort to prevent accidents or injuries.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the Company and the Transportation Department.
- Responsible for complete and accurate daily paperwork: pre-trip, post-trip, invoice adjustments, etc.
- Collect payment when instructed by terms on invoices. Responsible to get the invoice signed by the customer, providing customer their copies, and bringing copies back to the office. Responsible for complete and accurate daily paperwork: correctly adjust invoices noting returns, etc.
- Responsible for organizing invoices and checks, returning all products rejected by the customer and/or returns trailer and other asset (pallets, straps, etc.) for check-in procedure.
- Responsible for proper handling of product to minimize damage to products.
- Responsible to maintain positive customer relations and involve management or respective sales personnel to resolve customer issues.
- Maintains a neat appearance and manner at all times while on the job.
- Maintains sanitary conditions in tractor and trailer and assists with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard.
- Operates industrial equipment in a safe manner and immediately report any unsafe conditions.
- Participate in various meetings/groups (shift, department, company and safety).
- Works until the job is completed in accordance with D.O.T. regulations while maintaining acceptable production levels.
- Other duties as requested by a Supervisor.
- Inspects delivery vehicle, per DOT instructions (i.e. checking tire pressure, oil level, gauges, etc.) to ensure that it is set at proper temperature and operating properly.
- Ensures, when leaving truck unattended, that doors are closed and locked and keys are removed from the ignition to avoid occurrences of theft.
- Reports any vehicle mechanical problems to truck shop immediately and completes D.O.T. post trip inspection report placing all copies in the proper locations to ensure proper repair and the availability of a fully operational fleet.
- Parks vehicle, following check-in, removes all load bars, pallets, and hand trucks and places the equipment in the appropriate areas.
- High School diploma or general equivalency degree preferred.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and clean Motor Vehicle Report required.
- Ability to safely lift up to 60 pounds repeatedly for loading, unloading and restacking of product.
- Medical examiner certificate from a company-approved examiner.
- Compliance with the rules and regulations as established by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, U.S. Department of Transportation and the Motor Vehicle Codes as established by any state and local government in which the driver is operating / working.
- Minimum of 2 years prior truck driving experience
- Ability to operate in a team-driving environment under 24-hour dispatch
- Pre-Employment Drug Screen and Background Check
- Must be able to pass DOT tests including random drug and alcohol
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- Temperature extremes: hot and humid temperatures and/or 5 below zero freezer temperature.
- Occasional overtime as necessary to meet production schedules.
Honor Foods, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in our application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation; illegal preferences or discrimination based up non-job related information or protected characteristics.