An opportunity has arisen to join the Engineering team as its Maintenance Planner. You will be responsible for the planning of maintenance on the EIL fleet in accordance with the transport plan and Fleet maintenance compliance requirements.
This role will be based in TMI, Grade E, Travel Level 3
We are looking for someone to...
- Ensure that all company safety requirements / expectations are met in the day to day execution of the duties.
- Observe the Safety requirements and policies that are within the business.
- Observe the Safety Culture through all aspects of role.
- Be responsible for the planning of maintenance on the EIL Fleet until W+4.
- Ensure all maintenance is planned and managed across all depots and taking account of any depot constraints.
- Populate the plan with exams, potentiels, campaign, restriction, priority of depannage, deferred work, other short-term requests.
- Ensure all depannage requests, restrictions, campaigns, deferred work are planned efficiently.
- Ensure fleet restrictions are kept to a minimum to support optimal fleet utilization.
- Ensure the workload is properly distributed between depots
- Ensure the fleet balance is optimized to secure the availability across all locations.
- Ensure the workload from W+1 to W+4 is prepared and approved by the depots by organizing weekly meeting with scheduling teams of each depot
- Monitor service level agreements performance within the three depots.
- Support the Maintenance Planning Manager when establishing maintenance contracts and service levels agreements with third party depots.
- Act responsibly in all areas of Eurostar, taking ownership to understand and follow the company processes and polices.
- Ensure all work that must be planned is planned on time.
- For work that can’t be planned on time, lead with Engineering department the action plan.
- Ensure derogation requests are raised when needed, in order to respect the SMS process and the operations delivery objectives.
- Focus on exceeding customer, internal or external, expectations.
- Set clear priorities driven by the business goals and objectives, to help establish efficiencies and economies.
- Be a champion of change and continuous improvement, promoting new thinking and ideas.
- Plan, organise and manage resources effectively, providing focus and drive on priorities.
- Demonstrate sound financial and commercial judgement when evaluating situations
- Ensuring the well being and safety of all customers and colleagues in the actions and decisions taken.
- Be approachable, listen and communicate openly with all
- Make the most of cultural diversity
- Communicate and network effectively. Relate to others in a confident and relaxed manner.
- Express opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly.
- Make presentations and undertake public speaking with skills and confidence.
- Successfully persuade and influence others.
- Take responsibility at every opportunity
- Take control and exercise leadership. Initiate action, give direction and take responsibility.
- Make a strong impression on others.
- Gain clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating.
- Promote ideas on behalf of self or others.
- Empower others to deliver and take responsibility
- Deliver against commitments
- Experienced planner with knowledge of engineering and operating practices in a transport environment.
- Knowledge of maintenance planning and control processes.
- Understanding of the purpose of maintenance and its obligations to the rolling stock safety case.
- Experience in the maintenance production environment.
- A working knowledge of written and spoken French
- Good communication skills, with an ability to build working relationships across internal and external teams.
- Take ownership and responsibility for your personal safety, health and well-being and that of others who may be affected by the company’s activities.
- Ensure that you follow EIL’s Safety Policy and all applicable procedures, and rules.
- Report all accidents, assaults, incident and hazards.
- Assist the company in promoting a positive health and safety culture
- Travel benefits for work and play.
- A great pension.
- Exclusive discounts and perks.
- Hybrid working
If you are interested in the role, please upload your CV and Cover Letter
Eurostar is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Last updated on Oct 4, 2023