Position: Director of Network Operations
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico 87110
Duration: 6 Months (Temp to Hire)
- Accountable for a team who provide the development, enhancement, maintenance and strategy of the entire district's technology network.
- This role provides oversight and evaluation on large vendor installations, including ensuring quality of the implementation and that it meets the requirements and standards of the contract in a holistic manner in the technology ecosystems and thus takes on liability for those projects.
- Accountable for the development, enhancement and maintenance of network systems for assigned organizational areas. Accountable for network systems security, validation, evaluation and implementation
- Manage large/complex network installations including requesting information, evaluating proposals, recommending solutions, overseeing work of others, verifying correct installation, and coordinating with other departments in a highly complex, multi-vendor, and multi-protocol network environment.
- Propose, conceptualize, design, implement, and develop solutions for difficult and complex network systems.
- Oversee development of products internally in accordance with requirements of performance, suitability, maintainability, cost, interoperability, flexibility, and conformance to standards.
- Performs complex assignments often requiring the development of new or improved processes or techniques in relevant field of discipline.
- Review the physical design of network systems for optimizing performance.
- Apply knowledge of network architecture and design.
- Engage in long-term strategic planning.
- Formulate long-term network plans which may impact agency resources.
- Demonstrated experience leading activities on structured team development projects.
- Serves as subject matter expertise for area(s) of responsibility.
- Determines technical changes, schedules projects and oversees timelines. Implements and monitors quality standards.
- Point of contact for security and compliance audits.
- Apply communication skills and ability to influence, persuade, and negotiate.
- Exercise full management responsibility for a technical group, including recruiting, hiring, training, developing, evaluating, and setting priorities.
- Ensure work completion within schedule, budgetary, and design constraints; make decisions about analysis, design, and testing; solve complex technical problems; provide alternative methods for achieving goals when necessary.
- Advise executive management on programmatic and policy development.
- Negotiate and influence executive leaders on issues that have district-wide impact impact.
- Apply knowledge of industry standards, trends and/or regulatory requirements for area(s) of responsibility.
- Independently or in collaboration with human resources managers, guide supervisors in the interpretation and implementation of human resources policies, procedures and programs.
- Manage vendor relations.
- Proactively participate in change management the Change Advisory Board.
Preferred knowledge, skills, abilities and experience:
- 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Knowledge of Client community, computer system, financial and legal requirements
- Ability to coordinate and supervise the work of others.
- Strong Project Management & Leadership skills.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to provide strategic direction to a team.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people and creativity.
- Demonstrated planning and project management processes.
- ITIL certification. PMP or comparable certification.
- Knowledge/management of IT Service Management systems.
- Knowledge/management of Device Management systems.
- Knowledge/management of Unified Communication systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS), Information Technology, Engineering or similar technical degree and six (6) years of experience in network administration and design.
- Any combination of education from an accredited college or university in a related field and/or direct experience in this occupation totalling ten (10) years may substitute for the required education and experience.
- At least two (2) years of which must be leading/supervising an applications development team.
Last updated on Jun 28, 2022