TAIT Towers is the Market Leader in designing, constructing, and delivering world-class solutions for live experiences.
Whether it’s creating awe-inspiring spectaculars, complex touring stages, theatre engineering solutions, brand activations or cruise ship installations, TAIT delivers world-class solutions for live experiences. With its proprietary entertainment automation platform, custom-made products, and creative engineering, TAIT’s cutting-edge offerings continue to advance industry standards and exceed client expectations. As a global network of over 900 employees in 14 office locations, TAIT has worked on projects in over 30 countries, all 7 continents and even outer space. TAIT’s diverse group of clients include Taylor Swift, Cirque Du Soleil, The Metropolitan Opera House, NASA, National Geographic, Beyoncé, and The Olympics.
The Control Fabricator I will assist with assist with preparation, manufacturing, and quality assurance of electrical systems and products. This position is responsible to deliver a finished quality product to the client within budget, and on time.
- Read, understand, and utilize basic electrical and assembly schematics for product builds
- Effectively use fabrication tools to complete electrical and mechanical assemblies
- Utilize electrical skillset to properly strip, crimp, ferrule, land, and solder wire
- Utilize mechanical skillset to properly drill, tap, mount electrical components, and install panels
- Understand safety related requirements and practices for assigned product/element Maintain awareness of project schedules and deadlines; raise concerns and/or suggest adjustments in an effective and timely manner if deadlines and/or goals are in jeopardy
- Understand and implement quality control processes for assigned to product/element. Support quality control of elements and/or design flaws by flagging areas not meeting specifications and addressing appropriately through rework or bringing to the attention of others
- Manage materials and supplies for project
- Ensure product labeling requirements are accurately executed Adhere to standard fabrication, assembly, test procedures, and checklists
- Perform required maintenance and upkeep on equipment
- Perform tasks to company standards to efficiently and effectively meet department goals
- Take initiative to improve methodology and find solutions to boost productivity
- Communicate with management Able to change priorities, per leader, as they change throughout a shift. Complete allocated work in a timely manner in the appropriate sequence
- Keep a clean, organized, and safe workspace, including tools and equipment
- Accurately capture all labor hours and material in TAIT's software
- Ensure TAIT’s 5 standards of care are coordinated into all daily activities: Safety, Quality, Team, Schedule, and Cost
- Take ownership for decisions, actions, performance, and behavior
- Adhere to all company safety policies and procedures
- Attend meetings, seminars, and training sessions as required. Engage in training/development programs to enhance skills Perform assigned duties according to the policies and expectations prescribed by the company
Requirements: Education, Experience & Skills
To perform the essential responsibilities, individuals must have the following level of education and experience, or equivalent combination. Additionally, the following certifications, knowledge, skills, or physical requirements are necessary for the position.
- High school diploma, GED, or electrical/electronic technology degree/certification, or 2 years of practical electrical experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of basic electrical theory
- Read and understand control panel wiring schematics a plus
- Ability to conceptualize the electrical fabrication process from start to finish a plus
- Soldering skills a plus
- Comfortable using basic hand and power tools (screw gun, drill, jigsaw, hole punch, grinder, etc.)
- Able to distinguish colors for wiring purposes
- Able to work with small pins and components
- Experience using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) a plus
- Knowledge of Epicor, Slack, and/or Box a plus
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Capacity to work independently, and as a member of a small team
- Ability to handle changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility with work schedule; ability to work extra hours (more than 40 hours) in any given week based on business needs
- May have opportunity to travel to other TAIT facilities or client sites, domestic or international. Travel to locations could occur a few times per year; trip durations are typically two weeks or less
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to frequently walk, stand, carry, lift, push, and pull each day. Specific requirements are:
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift or move up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to pull or push up to 50 lbs.
Work conditions of the role are:
- Work conditions may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements such as dirt, dust, fumes, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks which require following basic safety precautions
- Must be able to wear and properly utilize appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to work within or visit areas where required. This includes, safety glasses, reflective vest, ear plugs, steel toed shoes, and other PPE as required by the location
Last updated on Jul 31, 2023