Senior Project Manager - Hotel Development (f/m/d)
MEININGER Hotels Berlin Headquarters
MEININGER Hotels is looking for a Senior Project Manager - Hotel Development (f/m/d) to lead and coordinate new openings and on-going projects and ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, in line with MEININGER quality and process standards.
MEININGER is a unique Hotel product in different European cities, which combines the service and comfort of a budget hotel with an extraordinary interior such as a guest kitchen or a game zone. People of every age and origin are amazed by the central location, qualitative high-grade interior and fair prices. Thanks to our highly motivated team and a down-to-earth and living atmosphere, the MEININGER Hotels feel like a real home.
- Lead new hotel development projects and refurbishments internationally from inception to completion including hand over to MEININGER Operations with the timeline, the budget and to the required quality
- Evaluation of potential new hotel projects regarding project/construction risks and negotiation of technical aspects for the lease contract (adjustments MEININGER manual, interface lists, hand over procedure etc.)
- Establish and/ or check layout for new hotels, hotel zoning, “bed calculation” and also MEININGER construction manual, including quality standards, based on approved budgets
- Plan and manage the resources required for successful project delivery: set up and coordinate the team of internal and external stakeholders (incl. Interior Architects, IT, M&E Technical Advisors etc), develop budgets and justifications, manage tender procedures in collaboration with the Procurement, etc.
- Continuously monitor projects status, evaluate and address risks, track and control costs and timelines, assess project against MEININGER quality standards to ensure compliance and adherence to project plan & budget
- Ensure alignment and smooth communication with all relevant stakeholders throughout the whole duration of the project, schedule, facilitate or attend project meetings both in HQ and on site
- Preparation of cost estimates/budget for the FF&E and cost control for approved project budgets
- Change Management during the project (MEININGER requirements and construction) including cost estimation if applicable for MEININGER
- Risk analysis and management concerning project risks and MEININGER operation needs
- Travel to various project locations to attend meetings with contractors and partners, monitor execution and process quality for key deliverables (sampling, mock-up room, handover etc)
- Proactively raise and address potential risks that could affect timely project implementation or budget
- Lead handover process and ensure post-completion activities, such as defect mitigation, Operations & Maintenance manuals, handover to Facility Management etc.
- Establish and actively support necessary MEININGER tools and processes for the project development life cycle (Design/construction/hand-over/opening) and its organization within the team
- 10 years of professional experience in design and construction project management, preferably in the hospitality sector
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering or possession of a technical/construction-related qualification or project management
- Experience in successfully projecting, managing and coordinating large-scale complex projects internationally from planning to completion
- Excellent analytical skills
- Result-oriented, able to effectively manage several projects and perform effectively under pressure
- Creative problem-solver, able to make decisions in situations of uncertainty and resolve issues effectively
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, ability to quickly establish effective collaboration and partnerships
- Ability to communicate effectively across the organisation, mobilize teams and maintain a positive and results-oriented team spirit
- Proficient in English and German, additional European language skills are an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, knowledge in MS Projects and AutoCad
- Open to frequent business travel
WHAT MEININGER OFFERS
There are many good reasons to join our MEININGER Team. We offer a professional work environment with creative leeway. Working with a dynamic team will offer you many chances for your personal development. We appreciate colleagues who can work independently and as part of a team, who can think out-of-the-box and who want to develop MEININGER with their own ideas and actions. If you are looking for a new challenge and want to be part of an international hotel chain, which is different from others, we would be happy to welcome you.
- Growth and development opportunities as part of an internationally expanding organization
- Lively, open and multi-cultural company culture with flat hierarchies
- Attractive compensation package + additional pension schemes
- 25 days of annual holidays + extra vacation days for every year with MEININGER
- Various learning and development opportunities
- Free nights at MEININGER Hotels and friends & family discounts
- Employee events and team activities: M-Days, Christmas party, team building events
- Modern and dog-friendly office in the heart of Berlin (Kreuzberg)
Please send us your application, including: CV, approximate salary expectation and potential starting date. We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Contact Person: Alexander Bartzsch (Head of Projects)