Location:George, IA, 51237
Duration: 8 Weeks
Shift:11:00 AM - 7:30 PM (mostly days with some eves.)
- Coordinates production, prepares and serves nutritious, appealing meals to residents following orders, standards, and regulations.
- Assists with development of pleasing and unique recipes and menu creation.
- Maintains continuous quality improvement of meals prepared and served daily.
- Responsible for kitchen/dining management as assigned, including delegation of kitchen cleanliness and education/training of cleaning policies.
- Observes, measures, and documents information as assigned.
- Receives and shares information; observes and reports resident conditions to appropriate staff.
- Provides residents with opportunities for independence and choice consistent with their service plans.
- Keeps residents' dining areas pleasant and orderly.
- Checks equipment before use and notifies supervisors or maintenance staff of problems.
- Operates dishwashing and kitchen equipment safely.
- Notifies appropriate staff of problems, uses safe lifting techniques, immediately cleans up spills, and demonstrates proper use of chemicals used for cleaning and sanitizing and appropriate use of kitchen tools and procedures.
- Work at special events (i.e., open houses, group meetings, special meals, brunches etc.) as needed; sets up and cleans dining room, multi-purpose rooms or other rooms as needed; helps prepare and serve food for special events.
- Follows location infection control procedures and OSHA and CDC guidelines that apply to blood borne pathogens while serving food, assisting residents and cleaning.
- Washes hands per facility guidelines, performs cleaning duties in kitchen and dining area; may include dishwashing.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment as assigned.
- Prior work experience in quantity cooking and therapeutic diets or related experience in a similar type of setting is preferred.
- Ability to measure and comprehend certain quantities.
- Certification as a food protection manager by ServSafe or other equivalent ANSI approved program is preferred before assuming duties of person in charge.
- Basic ability to communicate and comprehend.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of foodborne diease prevention and apply food safety principles.
- Every Other Weekend and Holiday
Last updated on Apr 9, 2021