Main Street Veterinary Center is a member of AscendVets. AscendVets is a privately owned veterinary practice group located in Central Florida. Our vision stems from our core values:
Fearless. Innovation. Gratitude. Humility. Transcend
Our mission is to develop people personally and professionally to achieve their goals in veterinary medicine. As a veterinary innovator, AscendVets values each team member’s potential by assisting with their educational and professional development. Throughout the years, our training specialists have created customized, interactive educational courses to aid in career advancement within the organization.
Together with our team of veterinarians and skilled professionals, we hope to inspire candidates to pursue knowledge, gain experience and become leaders in strengthening the human-animal bond.
The Veterinary Technician will perform nursing care for all patients in the hospital under the direct supervision of the attending Veterinarian. Technicians will effectively communicate with clients and maintain legally defensible medical records while working to support and uphold AscendVets mission, vision and core values.
The potential income for this role is an hourly rate of $16- $25 per hour. The pay rate for each individual is based on tenure in the field of veterinary medicine, and certification.
- Provide clients with support and information regarding their pet’s health status.
- Have patience and empathy to address client’s concerns.
- Work with DVM’s to facilitate treatment and care for all patients.
- Participate in month team training courses.
- Maintain a professional, clean, and organized work environment.
- Proficiency in phlebotomy and placing an IV catheter in all peripheral vessels.
- IV fluid therapy
- Induce, monitor, and recover patients from anesthesia by utilizing monitoring equipment.
- Properly calculating medical math and interpreting medical terminology
- Understand the normal ranges of patient vital signs: heart rate, respiratory rate, temperature, blood pressure and oxygen saturation.
- Perform digital radiography by using proper technique and positioning.
- Administer medication via appropriate routes and duration.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated Veterinary Technician to advance their knowledge and skills in emergency medicine, while working alongside veterinary professionals.
The ideal Veterinary Technician must:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of Veterinary Technician experience.
- Veterinary Technician Certification (CVT) desirable but not required.
- Must adhere to the attendance policy.
- Have any allergies to animals controllable through medication.
- Able to lift 40 pounds.
- Genuinely enjoys working with animals and is able to deal with them even when they are stressed, ill or in pain.
- Must have the ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a MINIMUM 8-hour workday.
- Have sufficient visual acuity to maintain accurate records, recognize people and understand written instructions.
- Receive and understand information provided over the phone from clients or medical professionals.
- Verbally communicate with clients and veterinary team members with civility and respect.
Competitive benefits package for full-time team members includes:
AscendVets is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. Drug screening and background check are required for successful candidates. We request that candidates in need of reasonable accommodation under ADA notify of a need for accommodation.
- Health and Wellness benefits (Medical, Dental & Vision
- Retirement Savings Plan (401k) – with match
- Company-paid telemedicine and mental health services
- Company-paid team member life insurance and long-term disability benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for full-time team members
- Paid Holidays and Holiday Incentive pay
- Additional Birthday PTO
- CVT Scholarship opportunity after 1 year of successful employment
- Supplemental training materials (Trainual, ACT, AtDove, Job Aids)
- Fun and interactive monthly team training
- Access to FREE Continuing Education courses
- Generous Pet team Member discounts for pet care
- Company provided uniforms and yearly allowance
Last updated on Oct 24, 2023