Tōia mai te waka! - Haul the canoe!
Ki te urunga te waka! - To the entrance place!
Ki te moenga te waka! - To the resting place!
Ki te takotoranga i takoto ai te waka! - To the place where it will lie!
Make an impact! Join us as a Business Development Manager
Hono mai kia eke ki te taumata teitei ka taea
We have strong shared values and the power of purpose to make a real difference.
About the team
Deloitte’s award-winning Consulting practice spans a wide range of services which has positioned us as a market leader around the world. With the Digital Customer team, you will be involved in selling critical business applications to a wide variety of clients.
Deloitte has been a Global Platinum Alliance Partner of Salesforce since 2006. We are recognized by several prominent and leading New Zealand companies as a trusted partner in architecture, development, maintenance, and ongoing enhancement of the Salesforce.com platform, including MuleSoft. We are leading some of the largest and most complex implementations of Salesforce across the country.
We are open to both permanent candidates and contractors for this position.
What will your typical day look like?
We have an amazing team of talented Salesforce professionals who need someone to take the uncover, maintain, lead, and develop opportunities in some of our existing accounts, while finding new clients to grow our revenue. The successful candidate will have experience in selling SaaS/PaaS professional services to clients.
As a Business Development Manager based in Auckland, you will have a focus on growing market share within the financial services industry as well as other verticals where required. As someone with a proven track record in maximizing business opportunities, specifically identifying and securing new business, you will enjoy leveraging your knowledge and experience of selling in the technology industry.
You’ll work inside our Salesforce team to:
· Manage the sales cycle from initial contact to close, working with internal teams to drive an exceptional customer experience.
· Manage, develop, and maintain strong relationships with clients, delivering solutions that solve problems for your clients.
· Developing a strong understanding of the customer's current business needs in respect of technology needs
· Developing proposals that deliver solutions to the client's needs, concerns, and objectives
· Actively engaging with Salesforce Account Executives to co-sell into target accounts
· Working nationally and internationally with wider Deloitte firms to bring the best of what Deloitte has to offer globally to our local clients
· Support in bringing fresh and exciting propositions to market to help differentiate our practice and add value to our clients
· Engage in Salesforce events and the wider ecosystem to build eminence and enhance relationships
Enough about us, let’s talk about you:
· Previous history in successfully selling SaaS and/or PaaS implementation services in NZ.
· Proven business development and “hunting” experience in the IT industry.
· Excellent presentation skills with an open communication style which fosters inclusion and trust with stakeholders internally and externally
· Excellent writing skills with the ability to prepare a wide variety of communication materials for internal and external audiences.
· Strong relationship management skills and commercial acumen
· You work well under pressure and can manage and execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
· You are a team player, resourceful and have a positive can-do attitude.
· Highly collaborative and with the ability to lead by influence
· Ability to operate independently
· Ideally you will possess local market knowledge
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves every day to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people, and the communities, and to make an impact that matters.
We hold a simple belief – that our people’s hard work should be recognised and rewarded beyond their remuneration.
We have reimagined what ‘work’ looks like and how we can empower all our people to create a work experience that is distinct to their needs. Founded on concepts of trust, balance, wellbeing and the importance of personal connection, this is the Deloitte experience.
· Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you, us and our clients best
· Subsidised professional qualifications and paid professional memberships
· Subsidised health insurance
· Income protection insurance
· 22 days annual leave
· Social events, social sports teams, and monthly firm drinks
· A focus on wellness and well-being
· Community focused volunteer days
· A focus on the environment and sustainability
· Plus much more
Does this sound exactly like the sort of role and organisation for you? Then apply now! We’d love to hear from you.
Mauri ora ki a koe/The essence of life to you
The Deloitte Talent Acquisition Team