Job: Embedded Software Engineer
Job ID : CFNJP00045129
Duration: 12+ months with a possible extension
Location: 1 Becton Drive , Franklin Lakes, NJ, USA-7417 (100% Remote)
Client: Becton, Dickinson and Company
Only W2, No sponsorship !
This position is a technical position working in the embedded software/firmware development work streams.
The individual would have responsibility for working cross-functionally to understand end-user needs and system requirements and mapping them to detailed embedded software and electrical design specifications and translating these into robust architecture and design elements.The responsibilities can include, but are not limited to: embedded software design & implementation, design for critical features and functions, enabling implementation of features as part of a multi-disciplinary R&D team (systems, electrical, mechanical and application software). Integrating and verifying implemented features through unit and functional testing.Typically, the embedded engineer will interface with other development teams for product integration and will interface both internally and externally to understand the clinical use cases, usability and system requirements.Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering, software engineering or similar.
• A minimum of 6 years of post-educational professional experience, with focus on Embedded Software Development, Board design and development.
• Hands on experience developing embedded software in C and programming knowledge of Real-Time operating systems such as ThreadX, Micrium etc. is required
• Hands on experience developing embedded UI/UX Desired Qualifications:
• Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering,or software engineering.
• Experience working with graphical displays
• 6+ years of professional experience in the medical device industry.
• Experience programming Arm Cortex M4, M7, or similar microcontrollers
• Previous experience with medical device embedded software and electrical design efforts.
• Experience developing low level device drivers for hardware peripheral interfaces and devices such as SPI, I2C, USB, LCD, Client, DAC, RFIC
• Experience in a structured development environment with source control and bug tracking systems
• Knowledgeable in hardware/software interfaces, programming of embedded processor utilizing a Real Time Operating System (RTOS), real-time and post processing data analytics,
• Experience with software quality assurance to include unit and integration test development and execution, and code inspection and reviews.
• Experience with digital and analog circuits, microprocessor hardware and software and development environments
• Experience generating technical documentation and authoring internal/external publications
• Experience reading and understanding schematic designs and Electrical components reference manuals
• Working knowledge of applicable standards for medical devices: FDA QSR, ISO 13485, ISO 14971, IEC 62304.Competencies:
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Self-directed with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies and trends
• Leadership, mentoring, organization and coordination skills
• Demonstrated customer focus, track record of innovation and publication
Last updated on Jan 25, 2023