Texas Health Action (THA) is a community-informed non-profit organization dedicated to providing access to culturally affirming, quality health services in a safe and supportive environment, with an expertise in serving LGBTQIA+ people and those impacted by HIV. THA's programs include Kind Clinics, Waterloo Counseling Center, and TeleKind (telemedicine services). Read more about THA here: http://texashealthaction.org.
Texas Health Action (THA) is currently seeking Registered Nurses at our Kind Clinic South Austin location. This role will report to the Clinic Administrator along with clinical oversight.
What you would do:
- Assist with the evaluation and care of patients seen at Kind Clinic, including, but not limited to: preparing patients for examination, taking vital signs, verifying patient information by interviewing patient and recording medical history
- Provide direct nursing care to patients, including the provision of lab services, and the distribution of medications and treatments according to accepted standards of care
- Conduct patient follow-up visits and physical examinations according to accepted standards of care and within the definitions of the Texas Nursing Practice Act
- Teach and counsel patients concerning health assessment and care including prevention of disease, disability, hygiene, and health maintenance in a safe, affirming, and culturally appropriate manner
- Provide clinical training to new Medical Assistant staff and relevant feedback to the Clinic Administrator regarding training progress
- Adequately reviews and prepares charts prior to daily visits
- Serve as a mentor to clinic support staff
- Act as a liaison and collaborate with Patient Support Center RN team as needed
- Follow organization’s clinical SDOs, policies and procedures when interpreting lab results, sending medication refills or scheduling treatments
- Follow Texas DSHS notifiable condition verbal reporting requirements related to in-clinic diagnoses of presumptive primary syphilis and acute HIV
- Prioritize work tasks and services and completes tasks in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate, clear and concise progress notes, problem lists, and medication lists
- Communicate appropriately and tactfully with staff, patients, partners, and community.
- Actively engage in a quality improvement culture within department/organization and participate in identified quality improvement activities
- Participate in staff, planning, in-service, and other meetings as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
How you would describe your skills:
- You have a passion and connection to the communities we serve
- You “love” what you do, you seek to serve the mission
- Listening is one of your key strengths
- You love team building
- You feel comfortable with technology and learning new software
- You are the model of the organization’s values and people can readily point to you as an example of how to ‘be’
- You balance People and Process
- You have an attention to detail but can see the big picture
- You value great benefits and a mission driven work culture
Your previous work life and education must include:
- Active RN nursing licensure that is valid in the state of Texas
- 2+ years patient care experience in an outpatient clinic setting with marginalized populations
Your previous work life and education ideally include:
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience in HIV testing, HIV services, STI testing, and treatment clinic
- 2+ years of experience in working with diverse populations, including LGBTQ+ and other marginalized populations
- If selected for this position, proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be requested prior to offer of employment.
- Submitting official transcripts, diplomas, certifications and licenses may be required prior to final offer. Unofficial transcripts and copies of other relevant documents may be attached to the application for consideration in advance.
- Information regarding employment history as it relates to the qualifications of the position may be needed for employment verification.
- The applicant selected for employment is subject to a pre-employment background check. A history of conviction may not automatically disqualify an applicant. Applicants with a history of conviction may be considered on a case-by-case basis, after individualized assessment of factors including the nature of the conviction, the job duties and responsibilities, the length of time since the conviction, and evidence of mitigation or rehabilitation. If required for the position, a physical, motor vehicle record evaluation, and additional background checks may be conducted.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (403b)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Family Leave