Price Engineering, a SunSource company, specializes in engineered custom products and solutions through engineering resource management, research, planning and development in the areas of hydraulics, pneumatics, automation and electrical systems. www.priceeng.com
The repair and field service technician is a critical support role within Price Engineering. We are looking for a self-starter with a mechanical aptitude and to provide a high level of customer service. Through the inspection, troubleshooting, repair and testing of lubrication pumps, auto lube system components, material dispensing pumps/systems, hydraulic power units and pneumatic system components, our goal is to drive service success that improves our customers’ satisfaction, maximizes customer retention and increase profitability.
In addition, the repair and field service technician will be required to build and assemble special lubrication system panels, material dispensing panels and custom hose assembly. A background in automotive or heavy equipment, with a good understanding of basic hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical systems is preferred. Our systems are located throughout Wisconsin, Upper Michigan and Northern Illinois so local and occasional distant travel may be required.
What You’ll Do:
• Repair pneumatic lubrication and material dispensing pumps and system components
• Perform service calls, repairs, and installations
• Assist with panel and system fabrication, hose assembly and technical support
• Able to adapt to a wide variety of situations, both with equipment and people
• Regular training from suppliers is required to maintain current product knowledge
• Other responsibilities and/or projects as assigned
• 40-50% travel throughout Wisconsin, Upper Michigan and northern Illinois.
Why You’ll Love Working for Us:
Industry competitive compensation plan
Medical, dental and 401(k)
We also offer tuition reimbursement and training opportunities for talented people with a desire to learn and grow!
What We Need from You:
Minimum: High School degree or GED Certificate
Preferred: 1 or 2 year technical degree or equivalent work experience
• Experience with power/hand tools, welding equipment, machining equipment, tube benders and tube flaring equipment.
• Familiar with lubrication equipment, lubrication systems and fluid power preferred
• Ability to read schematics, diagrams and blueprints
• Utilize sound judgment to resolve technical issues
• Good mechanical aptitude
• Sound judgement with effective problem-solving skills and ability to resolve conflict
• Maintains a professional demeanor and appearance at all times