Our per diem Security Officers are required to work WEEKENDS and HOLIDAYS as well as an ON-CALL basis. Patrols Hospital and grounds to prevent fires, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry.
- Confronts unauthorized persons for questioning, routes or detains them, or telephones police for assistance, according to circumstances
- Must become familiar with Hospital floor plans, fire exits, fire alarm boxes, apparatus and fire manual. Reports any unusual conditions or malfunctioning of heating, plumbing or electrical system
- Assists in placing deceased in morgue and releasing same to authorized undertakers. Is responsible for morgue log and related paperwork such as death certificates, etc. Maintains morgue records and is responsible for routine signed documents to the proper departments
- High school diploma or equivalent documented career experience required
- Experience as a fireman, policeman or watchman is desirable
- Ability to speak, read, writes and follow written and oral instructions
- Must have valid driver's license and New York State security license
- Manual dexterity and eye-hand-foot coordination are necessary to drive a car
- Ability to perform repetitive duties in making tours of building and grounds
- In good physical health
- Ability to asses and evaluate situations effectively along with attention to detail
- Exhibits an ability and attitude relative to the spirit of caring and tradition at Calvary Hospital as required by specific job duties and functions.
COVID-19 vaccination is strongly encouraged for all new hires prior to beginning employment at Calvary Hospital.
Last updated on Sep 16, 2021