The Nutrition Coordinator is primarily responsible for the design, implementation, and execution of nutrition programming and support across the Red Sox Player Development system. Leadership oversight will include the Minor League Dietetics Staff and the position will also interface closely with the Major League Dietitian and Nutrition Staff.
Additionally, with a focus on cross-departmental collaboration, the Nutrition Coordinator will ensure that the programming and support is part of a comprehensive player plan to optimize for athletic performance, while ensuring the health and safety of the Red Sox Minor League player pool. This will include working closely with Minor League coordinators/coaches/staff, and PD leadership.
As the Red Sox continue to build a team capable of being THE standard in player AND staff development, we are looking for candidates who are organized with uncompromising attention to detail, inquisitive, intellectually curious, data-driven, and open minded. Due to the nature of the role, the candidate must also possess strong interpersonal, communication, and teamwork/leadership skills.
- Set the vision and strategy for the Minor League Nutrition team, including building an infrastructure to collect and track data related to performance and health, and to design and deliver timely interventions.
- Collaborate across departments to provide interdisciplinary service in support of player performance while ensuring the health and safety of the players.
- Collaborate with the Major League Head Dietitian to develop and promote a consistent, evidence-based nutrition philosophy throughout the Red Sox organization.
- Manage seasonal affiliate dietetics assistants and the Complex Dietitian who oversees nutrition at the Fort Myers Complex and DR Academy.
- Stay abreast of the latest nutrition research and serve as a resource for players and staff. Develop and maintain a professional network to support your work in baseball.
- Build and execute staff development, evaluation, and education systems for the staff under their charge. This includes in-season and off-season development systems for staff growth, with an expectation of building relationships while investing in the development of their staff by providing clear, candid, and actionable feedback.
- Oversee the development of a comprehensive Red Sox Nutrition Educational Plan and develop materials to increase player nutritional knowledge and skills throughout the Red Sox organization.
- Oversee and manage the Red Sox Minor League Nutrition budget.
- In conjunction with the Complex Dietitian, provide hands on nutrition support to all programs throughout the year, including during the competitive season.
- Master’s or PhD in Nutrition, Exercise Science, or another related academic field of study.
- Certification as a Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN).
- Certification as a Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD) is preferred.
- State licensure for Florida (or required upon hire).
- At least three (3) years of hands-on experience of working as a dietitian.
- Experience working with a high-performance sport organization is preferred.
- Experience as a RD preceptor/mentor is preferred.
- Experience using technology, tools, and techniques related to sport nutrition.
- First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Baseball or softball experience preferred.
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
- This is a full-time position and will be based at the Boston Red Spring Training Facility, JetBlue Park, in Ft. Myers, FL. It will require travel to each of the Red Sox minor league affiliates throughout the year along with occasional trips to Boston.
At the Boston Red Sox and Fenway Sports Management, we go beyond embracing diversity. We’re committed to living by our values, strengthening our community, and creating a workplace where people genuinely feel like they belong.
Too often, job seekers don’t apply to positions because they don’t meet every qualification. If you love this role and are great at what you do, we encourage you to apply. Your unique skills and experiences might just be what we’ve been looking for.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination based on race, religious creed, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap, disability, military/veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or protected genetic information.
Last updated on Oct 20, 2023