As a Customer Support Engineer, you will function as the Tier 2 contact for our customers via inbound email and chat. You will rely on your experience and knowledge to troubleshoot and resolve technical support incidents. You will utilize our historical knowledge base and your technical expertise to resolve each incident in a timely, accurate, and customer-centric manner. If necessary, you will escalate support incidents to another expert for additional troubleshooting and will continue to operate as the primary point of contact with the customer until the incident is resolved. In some cases, you may refer support incidents to other Articulate teams for further action. You will communicate the solution in clear, documented terms back to the customer. You will alert management to outages, priority incidents, recurring problems, and patterns. A moderate degree of creativity and autonomy is required.
What you'll do:
- Accept, balance, and resolve a moderate volume of support incidents, Demonstrate extreme customer focus by spending 8 hours/5 days or 10 hours/4 days working directly with customers.
- Reside in The Philippines.
- Work rotating shifts within our 24/5 schedule including but not limited to: (** Note: Full shift includes 30 minutes lunch break)
- 10 AM - 6:30 PM PHT
- 6 PM - 2:30 AM PHT
- 10 PM - 6:30 AM PHT
- 2 AM - 10:30 AM PHT
- Accept, schedule, and resolve issues through remote assistance with customers.
- Be proactive and deadline-driven in your approach to work.
- Use excellent time management and organization skills, accepting and closing multiple simultaneous support cases according to the service level targets based on team’s metrics.
- Confirm the validity of all software defects before involving other Articulate teams.
- Log defects in our bugbase, provide sufficient data for further troubleshooting, and collaborate with other staff to recreate problems in a test environment.
- Meet with the your team for periodic updates on software changes and team initiatives. Participate in product testing when asked, and provide input to other teams, acting as customer advocate for product improvement.
- Propose or request improvements to the Articulate knowledge base and technical documentation as needed to assist customers with specific incidents.
- Use our CRM system, Salesforce, to record, track, and close incidents via our electronic incident management system.
- Function as backup support for other members of the Client Services Team.
What you should have:
- You must be able to exhibit a minimum of 2 years technical support experience with desktop software applications and web tools
- You are a digital native; you innately possess a deep and broad knowledge of all things technical, including but not limited to:
- Familiarity with all Articulate applications. Usage is not expected.
- Basic understanding of Web Accessibility and its importance to Articulate tools and output.
- Experience with Windows, Office and a wide variety of Windows applications, including troubleshooting installation problems; familiarity with desktop virtualization software such as Parallels, VMWare.
- Experience with iOS and Android devices.
- Web technologies, including all major browsers, FTP, email delivery, accessibility tools, and network concepts such as bandwidth, proxy servers, content filters, endpoint and firewalls.
- Multimedia creation, including editing of audio, video, and images.
- Comfortable digging in and analyzing log files from an application you’ve never used before.
- Basic understanding of corporate networks and security protocols.
- Basic understanding of the SCORM specification.
- Basic understanding of HTML.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems is a plus.
- Familiarity with Remote Support applications including Screenmeet, Zoom, TeamViewer.
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Slack, Skype, WebEx, GoToMeeting, or Google Hangouts.
- You are able to handle stressful situations while maintaining a friendly and professional attitude.
- You have excellent written communication skills; able to convey complex concepts concisely and clearly to customers with professionalism, empathy, and excellent grammar and spelling.
- You are positive, empathetic, driven, collaborative, flexible, confident and customer-obsessed.
Articulate Global, LLC, is the leading SaaS provider of creator platforms for online workplace training. Founded by Adam Schwartz in 2002, Articulate provides creator tools and services that make it simple for enterprises and SMBs to develop, deliver, and analyze online workplace training that’s engaging and effective.
Increasingly, organizations must reskill employees for ever-changing remote and hybrid work environments, create learning cultures that attract and retain employees in a tight labor market, and use training to build more equitable, empowering, and engaging workplaces. Articulate helps organizations address these critical business needs with its creator platform for workplace training. Articulate 360—a suite of creator tools for online courses—was named the 7th most-loved product in the world by TrustRadius in 2021. And Rise
—an all-in-one online training system that makes online training easy to create, enjoyable to take, and simple to manage—is the first creator platform for SMBs and departments within the enterprise. Articulate has more than 118,000 customers in 170 countries and counts all 100 of the Fortune 100 companies as customers.
Named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces 2022 and a leader in building a human-centered organization
, Articulate is guided by a commitment to provide the best value to customers, do right by employees, and create an equitable, empowering workplace for all. As a human-centered organization, we honor people’s humanity knowing that each person’s unique history, vulnerabilities, and social location inform how we show up with one another. We embrace our connectedness, aware that what we do and say impacts others. We give each other grace because we are all works in progress, learning and evolving every day. And we take responsibility for ourselves and are serious about our accountability to each other. In all we do, we strive to create an equitable, sustainable, and empowering workplace while we drive results for the business and make a positive impact in the world. Read more about our values here
Articulate welcomes different voices and viewpoints and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, native language, pregnancy status, physical size, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.
(For information about Articulate's privacy practices, please view our Privacy Notice)
Last updated on Oct 10, 2023