Director of Product Design
Treatwell is looking for a passionate and talented Director of Product Design to lead our Product Design team and drive the user experience strategy across all our products. The director of Product Design, reporting directly to our Chief Product Officer, will play a pivotal role in shaping the user experience across our consumer-facing web and app platforms, as well as our B2B SaaS products. This role will lead a team of Product Designers and a Senior UX researcher, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration and continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, a collaborative leader, and a champion of user-centric design principles.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive product experience strategy that aligns with the company's objectives and enhances the overall user experience.
- Collaborate closely with the Chief Product Officer and other cross-functional stakeholders to help shape both short-term and long-term aspects of the product roadmap, prioritize UX initiatives and drive product innovation.
- Grow and lead an international Design team, providing mentorship, and developing their careers.
- Provide guidance and support to team members, including UX designers and researchers, empowering them to deliver high-quality design solutions that meet user needs and business objectives.
- Oversee the end-to-end design process, from concept ideation to final implementation, ensuring that all products deliver intuitive, engaging, and delightful user experiences.
- Practices, drives and teaches exemplary visual and interaction design practice and holds the design organization accountable for delivering high-quality experiences.
- Champion user research and usability testing efforts to gain valuable insights into user behavior, preferences, and pain points.
- Advocate for the importance of user experience across the organization, influencing decision-making, fostering a user-centric mindset and increasing maturity in human centered design thinking. You'll play a key role in promoting collaboration between our Design, Tech and Product teams, working together to innovate and enhance user-centered design practices.
- Optimise ways of working that foster cross-functional collaboration
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators to measure the impact and success of design initiatives.
- Proven experience as a Director or UX Leader, in data-driven, fast-paced agile environments.
- Background in Product Design with a deep understanding of UX/UI principles and methodologies.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with the ability to motivate and coach a team of designers with different seniority.
- Experience in growing and scaling a product design team, experience also leading research and content design teams is a plus.
- Experience working with tech and product teams and cross-functional stakeholders.
- You are an excellent communicator, able to transmit your design vision to your team and your ideas to other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in driving impact through design solutions to meet business key metrics.
- Passionate about continuous improvement and solving problems.
- Experience in driving the creation of customer-focused products, ensuring an exceptional user experience.
- Experience leading teams designing for both responsive web and native app experiences.
Hi, we’re Treatwell. Nice to meet you.
We’re a team of 800 (and growing) passionate and brilliantly talented people across Europe. We’re the industry’s smartest salon management software, all connected to Europe’s leading bookings platform, working with over 50,000 salon partners across 13 countries, processing over 8 million bookings every month. And….breathe.
But we’re not done yet. We’re on an exciting journey to digitally revolutionise the hair and beauty community.
If this excites you, we might just have the role for you.
We’ll treat you with:
- 28-days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Monthly £40 Treatwell vouchers so you can treat yourself too
- Benefits platform offering cycle to work scheme, high street discounts and other perks
- Growth funds for you to develop and grow with your team
- Cycle to work scheme
- A beneficial pension scheme and enhanced parental pay & leave policy
- Mental health support through our partnership with Plumm
Treatwell is an ‘Open to All’ employer and warmly welcomes everybody to the team. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process as required. Please add any adjustment requests to your application.
Last updated on Feb 2, 2024