Please note that we will only be able to accept candidates who have the appropriate rights and documentation for employment in Australia.
Who we are
Axi is a leading global provider of margin and deliverable Foreign Exchange, Contracts for Difference (CFDs), and Financial Spread betting. Our business has evolved into a world-class, multifaceted brokerage with offices in six regions. With heavy investment in the latest trading technology, Axi seeks to offer the most comprehensive end-to-end trading experience available, servicing traders of all levels from beginners to institutional-level clients.
Let's talk about the cool stuff you do at Axi!
We seek a highly motivated and experienced Financial Controller to join our dynamic finance team and take on a key leadership role in our Asia-Pacific operations. The Financial Controller will be pivotal in maintaining financial integrity, overseeing accounting standards, and ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting. In addition, the ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, a track record of managing small teams, and experience working with external auditors.
Your EDGE assignment/You will
- Oversee the month-end close process, ensuring accurate and timely journal entries, including accruals and prepayments.
- Review and approve relevant journal postings and maintain proper documentation.
- Manage the preparation of year-end Financial Statements for consolidated group and standalone Australian and Asia-Pacific subsidiaries (if applicable).
- Coordinate the audit process with external auditors to ensure compliance and timely completion.
- Oversee month-end balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Identify and resolve any discrepancies or issues promptly.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain accounting controls and policies to safeguard financial assets.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the finance department.
- Foster strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external advisors, including auditors.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate manual finance processes to reduce the month-end close timetable while maintaining accuracy.
- Support the Finance Director and the broader finance team with ad hoc audits and projects related to the Axi Group’s accounting functions.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field; CPA or equivalent qualification preferred.
- Proven experience in financial control and accounting, with a minimum of 4 years in a similar FC role.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and standards.
- Experience managing a small finance team and fostering a collaborative working environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with financial systems and software.
- Ability to work with external auditors and regulatory authorities.
Axi's bag of delights
- Competitive and attractive compensation
- Extensive learning opportunities, such as professional training and certifications and soft skills development
- Income Protection Insurance
- 20 days of annual leave, 5 days of paid study leave, and 1 paid volunteer day per year
- Subsidised membership with ClassPass, the world’s leading wellbeing subscription service
Axi's interview journey
- Talent Acquisition Interview (45 minutes)
- Hiring Manager Interview (1 hour)
- Team Interview (1 hour)
- Chat with CFO (30 minutes)
Please note that our organization works with recruitment agencies on a pre-approved basis only. A recruitment agency that wishes to submit candidate profiles or resumes for consideration must obtain prior written consent from our talent acquisition team. We do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies, and we will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Should we receive an unsolicited resume from a recruitment agency that does not have prior written consent, we will not be responsible for the payment of any fees related to the recruitment of the candidate represented in the unsolicited resume.
Last updated on Oct 26, 2023