VRAI is one of the fastest-growing digital-first direct-to-consumer brands. Modernizing diamond jewelry through the exclusive use of sustainably created diamonds, VRAI has innovation, craftsmanship, and sustainability at the core of its products and values. A global business, VRAI has locations in Los Angeles, San Francisco, NY, Shanghai, Chicago, London, Madrid, and Copenhagen, with more locations on the horizon.
VRAI by Diamond Foundry is seeking a full stack developer to maintain and support the APIs powering www.vrai.com
We are looking for someone who has a strong understanding of server-side web technologies, is able to work on backends in Node.js
and/or Ruby on Rails, and has experience interfacing with databases. We don’t need someone who is an expert in all of these things, but is experienced in some of them and willing to learn the others.
We are looking for a developer with 5+ years of professional coding experience as an individual contributor.
VRAI by Diamond Foundry maintains a strong focus on ethics in operations and in employees. We want developers who work well with others and understand the importance of kindness in the workplace. We want developers who care about the environment and sustainability.
At VRAI, you will work within a medium sized remote software development team collaboratively to develop and maintain e-commerce websites, APIs, and middleware. You will work in a team oriented environment utilizing JIRA, and git to coordinate and collaborate with the team.
- Design and develop scalable, high-availability server-side applications
- Collaborate with front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Create and maintain databases that support the applications, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end
- Implement data security and protection measures
- Develop and maintain APIs for the front-end applications
- Troubleshoot and debug issues that arise in the application's functionality and performance
- Conduct regular system tests and continuously monitor system performance to identify potential issues
- Stay current with emerging technologies and industry trends, and apply them into operations and activities
- Collaborate with non-engineers including Ecom team and Design to provide feedback on new featuresCollaborate with the team to define, design, and ship new features
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback
- Maintain and extend the Diamond Foundry API using Ruby on Rails
- Finding new ways to streamline the Next.js/Node.js backend for an ecommerce website
- Maintain, develop and contribute to existing and new middleware for business processes
- Maintain lambdas, digital assets, and related code on AWS
- Integrate with databases, cache services, and data warehousesIntegrate with 3rd party API’s, services, and NetSuite
- Contribute to architectural discussions, systems design, and technical roadmap of existing and new projects
- Use git for source and version control
- Write automated tests (unit tests, integration tests etc)
- Deploy code using continuous integration
- Debugging issues with AWS and Heroku infrastructure
- BS in Computer Science or related
- 5+ years of coding and development experience in architecting/managing systems
- Some experience with Node.js, Next.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR) and/or REST APIs is a plus
- Any experience with MongoDB, GraphQL, PostgreSQL is a plus
- Any experience with Golang, Docker, BigQuery, Redis, AWS, Heroku, is a plus
VRAI provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work. Additional Perks such as employee discounts are also available.
Some plans may not be available pending global locations however other options may be presented.
VRAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
To find out more about VRAI check out:
Last updated on Oct 23, 2023