- Ensure the workshop is safe and clean at all times
- Carry out Recruitment, Training and Performance Evaluation of the workshop staff in consultation with the GM Transport
- Coordinate workshop activities for a smooth functioning
- Diagnose technical issues, monitor work progress, Manage and control expenses, implement industry standards.
- Effective lender and communicator with good time management skills and technical expertise.
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills
- Dedicated to learning,growing,and succeeding in an organization.
- Delegate, monitor and control workshop flow operations.
- Formulate SOPs and ensure all technicians adhere.
- Ensure that technicians are aware of procedures for using new products and equipment.
- Ensure that warranties are properly followed up,monitored,and documented.
- Forecast and order spare parts for specific jobs/special jobs or for stocks replenishment.
- Follow up repair orders, registering the time taken to complete each task
- Ensure adequate maintenance of tools,equipment and other materials in the service area.
- Conduct quarterly /annual performance appraisal for workshop personnel.
- Provide advice and technical assistance to team members.
- Act as liaison between top management and workshop staff on departmental and cooperate developments.
- Evaluate the impact of work delays,interruptions or changes in plans to develop appropriate course of actions.
- Monitor workflow to anticipate impact of delays due to team members being absent for leaves,holidays or Sickness
- Plan and adjust the workloads of department personnel to match their skills and abilities.
- Ensure strict adherence to all safe work procedure and (HSE)adherence.
- A minimum of Fifteen (15) years of academic experience,
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia
Degree or its equivalent in Automotive/Heavy Duty Engineering or related discipline from Government recognized institution.
- Medical Insurance Cover
- In-House Pension Scheme
- Quarterly Production Bonus
- Life Assurance
Last updated on Sep 23, 2022