Req No: Adro IT-109
Job Title: HMIS Help Desk Rep
Location: Houston, TX 77019
Duration: 3 – 6 Months
Hours: Business Hours(Mon – Fri)
- Provides first line support to end users of HMIS application as primary phone support for HMIS Help Desk.
- Utilizes strong customer service and technical abilities to resolve customer inquiries and problems via incoming phone calls, e-mails, HEAT self-service and chat mediums of communication.
- Ensures all calls received by the HMIS Help Desk are properly handled and escalates issues, as needed, to the appropriate an HMIS Help Desk Rep II.
- May address assigned responsibilities outside of phone support as required to meet the overall objectives of the HMIS Help Desk.
Job Responsibilities May Include:
- Acts as a customer service representative for the HMIS Operations Support department; provides phone-based support a minimum of 90% of the time.
- Provides problem resolution support for all HMIS related hardware and HMIS application issues that have been received by the HMIS Help Desk.
- Researches and troubleshoots all calls; follows the HMIS Escalation process to escalate calls that cannot be resolved at point of contact to the designated HMIS Help Desk Rep II.
- Tracks problem/issue through to resolution.
- Logs 100% of all calls received into SCI’s call tracking application and maintains records of all caller interactions; achieves 70-80% first call resolution.
- Uses customer service skills to identify the root of the problem being reported. Demonstrates the skill and ability to effectively provide quality support in a high volume environment.
- Shares critical information with peers to aid in the development of other team member’s skills.
- Adheres to the call metrics as defined by the HMIS Help Desk’s Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Utilizes the available training materials to educate callers.
- Broadens knowledge of HMIS, including new enhancements and features, in order to perform duties efficiently.
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism with all callers; diffuses calls from irate customers.
- Must have two (2) year degree or technical program. Four (4) year degree in Information Technology or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated competency or previous related experience will be considered in lieu of degree requirement
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in technical and operational support for customers in the use of computer hardware and applications via telephone is required.
- Additional experience in troubleshooting, installation, configuration and maintenance of computer technology and related hardware preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong customer service skills required; able to problem-solve and diagnose complex tasks.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Funeral industry experience desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable working with people at all levels of the organization.
- Well organized, with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to learn new hardware and application technology quickly.
- Must be able to work independently, with minimum direct supervision.
- Must be able to work within the defined procedures and within the schedule provided
- Good coaching and leadership skills.
- Work indoors and outdoors during all seasons and weather conditions
- Limited amount of local and/or multiple location traveling required
- Professional Dress is required when in contact with families.
Last updated on Apr 19, 2022