CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Manager based in the Buffalo, NY area. This role has the ability to work a hybrid work schedule. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Payroll Manager to play a critical role as part of our Finance leadership team. This role is responsible for a multi-company, international payroll department covering three countries and for nearly 1300+ employees. We are looking for a competent professional, managing payroll-related risk, ensuring processes are executed accurately and in a timely manner delivering all aspects of payroll operations. Experience with leading or participating in ERP/HR system implementations including evaluating potential payroll solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Maintain overall responsibility for all aspects of payroll for the firm, including payroll data compilation and processing, recordkeeping, timekeeping, and payroll-related data management for U.S, Canada, and India.
- Manage administration of Payroll including Time & Attendance systems including configuration and new set up. Manage file feed integrations, if required, to HRMS and benefit systems or other providers as applicable. Work closely with HR to ensure that interfaces between HRMS and payroll are operating appropriately.
- Participate in annual audits for 401(k), 5500 preparation, 401(k) NDT, workers’ compensation, and year-end.
- Working knowledge of benefit programs such as medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, COBRA, 401(k), Deferred Comp, disability, paid family leave, open enrollment. Assist in preparation of benefit invoice premium payments, if required.
- Plan and conduct work requiring maturity of judgment and substantial adaptation of standard techniques. Devise new approaches to problems encountered.
- Subject matter expert for BI Reporting tool.
- Directly perform and check payroll activities as needed.
- Ensure reconciliation of all payroll-related accounts to the general ledger.
- Ensure processing of year-end payroll information and worksheets for documents such as W-2’s, 1099’s, T-4’s in Canada.
- Ensure proper and timely filing of quarterly taxes are processed through payroll vendor.
- Recommend policies, practices, and guidelines to ensure compliance with statues and reporting requirements.
- Remain current with changes in tax laws at federal and state levels with respect to payroll statutes and reporting procedures. Conduct research as needed. Set up new state registrations.
- Ensure proper and timely preparation and filing of payroll-related reporting for government agencies and assist the firm in responding to audits.
- Collaborate with Human Resources on a regular basis to ensure complete coordination of pay, benefits and deductions.
- Working with Accounting, HR, Technology, and firm leaders as needed to ensure service-oriented resolution of employee issues related to payroll.
- Monitor and identify payroll issues and recommend resolutions and process improvements to Accounting leadership.
- Supervise payroll staff.
- May oversee and/or participate in international payroll practices.
- May handle other responsibilities as needed.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 10 years related payroll experience is required.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required, or an additional 4 years related payroll experience required in lieu of education.
- Certified Payroll Professional designation preferred.
- Canadian payroll experience is preferred.
- Experience with leading or being a part of payroll software implementation process.
- Knowledge of payroll, accounting principles and methods.
- Problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills a must.
- Focus on quality management of data.
- Excellent supervisory and teaming skills.
- Relevant software payroll experience, including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerBI, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics would be an asset.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
The salary range for this position $80,000 to $100,000 annually. This salary range is the range we believe is the anticipated range of possible base compensation at the timing of the posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the anticipated salary range for the position. Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonuses. We offer a full benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage and flexible spending account options and voluntary insurances. We have paid time off, flex-time summer hours, remote work options and a 401k plan and employee perk programs. For a general overview of our benefits, please visit our careers page at www.cannondesign.com/careers/. Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying. As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.
Last updated on Oct 18, 2023