Honor Foods is a multi - location, food and Beverage Company headquartered in the Philadelphia area looking for a Transportation Dispatcher. The position reports to the Transportation Manager.
SHIFT: (2nd Shift) Sunday to Thursday 5pm-1:30am
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION: Communicates directly with company drivers in order to better service our transportation ,sales departments and customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain daily log of drivers and Dispatch System, and has continued contact with drivers including recording arrival/departure times
- Receives incoming updates from drivers.
- Monitor progress of drivers and assess the need for assistance or identify other possible route concerns to ensure timely completion of routes.
- Answers incoming phone calls.
- Organizes necessary paperwork for drivers.
- Ensure the driver receives all necessary paperwork including invoices, manifests, etc.
- Communicates closely with service providers and outside vendors.
- Reviewing all driver paperwork daily.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general equivalency degree required
- Must be flexible and willing to work overtime when needed
- 2-4 years previous related experience
- Ability to deal with problems involving multiple variables in changing pressure-filled situations
- Excellent mathematical and reading skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work well with both internal and external customers.
- Proficient in WMS and Office
- Strong organizational skills.