To form a strong partnership with the East Africa management team to drive long term, sustainable growth across all CSC practice areas. This role combines project and personnel management, business development, and direct client delivery. It requires commercial and technical knowledge, along with direct relevant experience of delivering across all (or a majority of) CSC disciplines.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Project and personnel management (25%)
- Overall ownership and responsibility for achieving profit targets throughout the East Africa region and across all CSC practice areas
- In conjunction with the Finance Manager ensure accurate and timely forecasting
- Day to day management and professional development of all CSC personnel
- Manage and drive the commercial and quality aspects of all live projects
- Ensure all projects are being delivered on time and in budget
- Project and resource planning to maximise team utilisation, working closely with EMEA colleagues
- Identify and resolve consultant skill gaps and department needs and implement new strategies to increase quality and efficiency, including short focus training sessions for the team
Business development (45%)
- Hold meaningful client relationships that directly contribute to individual sales and service line targets
- In conjunction with the Partner, East Africa and CSC practice leads develop and drive a regional CSC strategy that is ambitious, delivers growth and is sustainable while aligning with regional initiatives and priorities
- Support the development of innovative products and services that address client need that help maintain the Company at the forefront of the sector
- Overall responsibility for all CSC client proposals
- Maintain, build and develop a strong network of existing and future client contacts within the design, construction and infrastructure sectors and consistently develop the company’s positioning with them to enhance business development and secure higher fee-earning engagements.
- Become involved in the dynamic account management environment in conjunction with the management team and global M&P colleagues
- Support the development of innovative consulting products and services that address client need, and that help maintain the Company at the forefront of the sector.
Client delivery (30%)
- Delivery, management and coordination of all CSC related consulting tasks, with particular emphasis building sustainable, long term client relationships
- Service multiple consultancy assignments concurrently working in collaboration with service line leads to utilise regional resources as necessary
- Experience of operating and delivering projects in Africa, including in high risk environments
- Proven experience of successfully driving teams to reach their strategic and operational goals
- Commercially astute when planning and pricing project in terms of time, resource and outcomes
- Proven experience of effectively assisting, reviewing, and providing feedback to team members and improving output
- Relevant role of having successfully built effective and strong client relationships
- Professional qualifications and membership in field
- Project management skills within a commercial/consulting environment
- Strong commercial focus (financial management skills, legal and contractual skills) and leadership
- Good client (both internal & external) management and consulting skills
- Effective decision making & judgment
- Assertiveness and drive with strong influencing skills
- People leadership skills, including the ability to inspire and drive the performance of a team of security professionals
- Strong interpersonal skills – building trust & rapport
- Excellent communication skills – written & oral (informal and presentation to board level)
- Analyses situations and looks at broader picture
- Realigns the team to drive organisational success
- Innovates to create and deliver value to meet the needs of the organisation, its market and clients
- Makes decisions which drive high performance and meet client needs
- Balances risks with decision making, being prepared to mitigate risk
- Acts decisively and makes tough decisions even when under pressure
- Drives self and team to deliver against objectives and to meet client needs
- Leads by example – sets and generates commitment to goals, managing team to meet / exceed targets
- Inspires a determination to achieve high standards
- Understands and translates key drivers and capabilities for business and team performance
- Ensures sound commercial awareness applied to all solutions, harnessing margin improvement.
- Encourages a commercial approach and understanding in our teams
- Sets and communicates clear direction for team to deliver work in line with global / departmental goals and objectives
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- We operate a discretionary global bonus scheme that incentivises, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together - in the office and with our clients - while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.
Last updated on Feb 5, 2024