Transportation technology career opportunities are in high demand due to rapidly expanding nationwide infrastructure, technological advances, and environmental consciousness including carbon footprint. Lumin8 prides ourselves with being on the leading edge of transportation technology solutions and creating a culture offering personal and professional development. Our differentiator is that we live by our core values each and every day – teamwork, safety, accountability, and innovation. We believe that our employees truly make a difference in the communities they serve.
Apply today, we look forward to meeting you!
We're interested in hiring a experienced Fiber Technician with excellent customer service and organizational skills to join our team. The Fiber Technician will be responsible for maintaining fiber-optic lines and keeping abreast of technological developments in the telecommunications field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Salary: $20.00 - $27.00 per hour
- Install and repair fiber optic cables.
- Set up fiber cabling and equipment.
- Install, repair, and maintain fiber optic equipment
- Resolve, repair and install fiber optics systems and ensure that they work properly.
- Examine and replace faulty and old fiber optic cables and also organize scheduled maintenance routines.
- Take care of fiber splicing and rectify fiber optic problem areas.
- Develop sensor indicators and conduct timely inspections to make sure that the faulty fiber optic system does not destabilize its performance.
- Execute premises cabling and take care of the underground and underwater cabling requirements.
- Keep track of the signal strength of different devices such as television, and telephone to provide adequate performance.
- Formulate and maintain system records and system designs.
- Installations, troubleshooting, and maintaining all fiber optic systems in businesses, homes, schools, and other organizations to ensure that they are working properly.
- Determining solutions to any problems and issues that are preventing the fiber optic systems from performing optimally.
- Constructing a proper slice case as well as preparing and maintaining records, diagrams, and schematics relating to the splice case.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Splicing & terminating fiber: desired 2 years.
- Previous construction or electrical experience helpful.
- OSHA 10
- FOA certification
- Knowledge of confined spaces
- Must be proficient with common hand tools.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to perform heavy physical work, often under adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and the public.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with others.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, and TRAINING:
- Must maintain a valid medical card if you have a CDL driver’s license.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
- Must be insurable.
- IMSA Work Zone Safety Certification or equivalent or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to work at heights over 20 feet.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50 pounds.
The following benefits are included after successfully completing a trial period:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance & AD&D
- Health Care & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability – Long Term Disability
- 401(k) plan (with matching)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
Lumin8 is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.