SciTec has been awarded multiple government contracts and is growing our creative Team! SciTec, Inc. is a dynamic small business with the mission to deliver advanced sensor data processing technologies and scientific instrumentation capabilities in support of National Security and Defense. We support customers throughout the Department of Defense and U.S. Government in building innovative new tools to deliver unique world-class data exploitation capabilities.
SciTec has an immediate opportunity for a talented Data Scientist supporting our SIA 3 AI/ML contract. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for data analytics, data engineering, data mining, exploratory analysis, and predictive analysis. This position supports our MSIC customer.
This role includes the following responsibilities:
- Provides expertise in machine learning and data science.
- Creating various ML-based tools or processes, such as recommendation engines or automated lead scoring systems.
- Perform statistical analysis, applies data mining techniques, and builds high quality prediction systems.
- Retrieves information from various sources, analyzes it for better understanding about the data set, and builds AI tools that automate certain processes.
- Provides expertise in coding, software tools, and accelerated hardware
- Provides expertise in DevSecOps.
- Applies knowledge of DevSecOps to software development in Python for existing and new services.
- Expertise in CI/CD pipelines.
- Provides expertise in ATO/RMF for software Information Assurance.
- Collaborates with other contractor teams supporting each division across MSIC who will operate as domain-specific mission owners
- Other duties as assigned
The following minimum qualifications are required for all applicants:
- Have prior experience with large data Multi-INT analytics, ML, and automated predictive analytics.
- Possess proven work experience or formal training as a Data Scientist or similar role.
- Skilled in data visualization and use of graphical applications, including Microsoft Office (Power BI) and Tableau; major data science languages, such as R and Python; managing and merging of disparate data sources, preferably through R, Python, or SQL; statistical analysis; and data mining algorithms.
- Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance. US Citizenship and background checks are required.
- 2 years of experience in information technology, including either the administration of Linux or Windows workstations.
- Detail oriented
- Good verbal and written communication skills
SciTec offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package, including:
- 3% Fully Vested Company 401K Contribution (no employee contribution required)
- 100% company paid HSA Medical insurance, with a choice of 2 buy-up options
- 80% company paid Dental insurance
- 100% company paid Vision insurance
- 100% company paid Life insurance
- 100% company paid Long-term Disability insurance
- Short-term Disability insurance
- Annual Profit-Sharing Plan
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Paid Parental Leave
- Generous Paid Time Off, including Holiday, Vacation, and Sick Pay
- Flexible work hours
The pay range for this position is $70,000 - $135,000 / year. SciTec considers several factors when extending an offer of employment, including but not limited to the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate's work experience, education/training, and key skills. This is not a guarantee of compensation.
SciTec is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Last updated on Aug 4, 2023