This role is open to be based from: Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Austin, TX
We’re helping world-class brands move at the speed of culture and are looking for a Vice President (VP), Social Strategy to bring their passion for social media to some of Edelman's largest clients.
The VP, Social Strategy partners with clients and creatives to bring brand-enhancing work to market, across all social channels and stages of the customer journey. This individual should demonstrate experience working with other team leads, clients, and creatives to develop solutions through market intelligence and simple, meaningful consumer insight. They should be comfortable developing and presenting strategy to stakeholders. They are passionate advocates for the consumer/end-user throughout the creative process and should have an appreciation for how social media impacts the overall customer experience.
They are the practice expert, focused on unearthing and articulating cultural insights and digital truths. They must be a passionate consumer of digital and social media and infuse that knowledge into every aspect of the planning process. With a background in advertising, digital strategy, research, and/or account planning (not as a creative/content producer or community manager, but as a core strategist), this individual should be adept at identifying cultural trends that brands can tap into. They must have a demonstrated ability to develop, design, and conduct primary and secondary research, insights immersions, and stakeholder workshops.
The VP, Social Strategy ensures precision thinking and smart strategy is provided to internal and external clients. They seek to inspire teams with insight-driven, actionable briefs and compelling briefings sessions – both reactive (responding to client briefs) and proactive (blue-sky thinking).
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Articulates insights gleaned from social and conversational trends, artfully organizing information from observations and implications to strategic recommendations
- Stay current on audiences, cultural trends, social media behaviors, and platform best practices
- Work directly with clients, gaining their trust, and inspiring them to take the right risks so they may become known for digital 'firsts' that wow their consumers and audiences while ensuring their professional success
- Collaborate with cross-functional project teams to motivate, create, and implement short and long-term online marketing strategies
- At least 8 years of experience working in social media or digital advertising as a strategist
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience in a digital, social, integrated marketing or communications agency
- Proven experience in delivering effective digital/social campaigns for large, well-known consumer brands
- Understanding best practices across social channels is a plus
- Knowledge of influencers/ tastemakers is a plus
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- A passion for social media, from both a branding and cultural perspective
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments, and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in a deadline-driven process
- Fluency in data and analytics, and how data informs strategies and optimizations
- Strong self-motivated and self-starting personality
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
Edelman is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage racially and ethnically diverse people, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, parents, individuals with disabilities and members of any and all protected classes to apply.
Last updated on Oct 19, 2023