We are currently seeking an experienced Guidewire/Integration Developer to join our dynamic team. In this role, you will be responsible for the configuration and development of Guidewire PolicyCenter and BillingCenter components, as well as integrating them with other systems. Your expertise in Guidewire, Java, and GOSU programming will be crucial in delivering high-quality software solutions that meet MEMIC’s business requirements. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless operation and the successful implementation of Guidewire related solutions.
- Evaluate business requirements and develop solutions that meet defined technical, functional, and Guidewire coding and architectural standards.
- Collaborate closely with business stakeholders, architects, and development teams to understand configuration & integration requirements and design optimal solutions.
- Design, develop, modify, debug, and maintain Guidewire PolicyCenter/BillingCenter components and workflows to enhance functionality and build new logic.
- Develop integration hooks between Policy and Billing systems, enhancing the necessary systems required for seamless integration.
- Extend the data model, configure screen layouts, wizards, forms, ratings, and workflows, and maintain configuration management scripts.
- Design and develop adapters, service APIs, and Plugin components.
- Design and develop both Guidewire and external batch processes that connect with Guidewire systems.
- Ensure adherence to best practices and maintain system integrity during configuration activities.
- Collaborate with QA teams to ensure successful testing and validation of integration components and develop GUnit/JUnit tests to thoroughly test business logic.
- Create and maintain technical design documents, specifications, and up-to-date documentation for reference and knowledge sharing within the team.
- Provide support for production issues related to Guidewire PolicyCenter/BillingCenter systems and integrations.
- Investigate and resolve configuration and integration-related problems promptly and effectively.
- Implement integration modules that promote reusability, loose coupling, and easy scalability of various systems and components.
- Perform both minor and major Guidewire related software upgrades.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, Computer Science, or a related field; or equivalent work experience in Java or GOSU development.
- Candidate must have at least a “Specialist” certification for cloud Guidewire 10.0 or higher.
- Demonstrated experience in developing Guidewire PolicyCenter and BillingCenter configuration and integration, providing end-to-end support for the Guidewire eco-system.
- Expertise in advanced product designer, rating, form inference, UWI UI framework, disbursements, invoicing, and commission concepts within Guidewire.
- Must have hands-on experience in Java and GOSU programming languages, with a strong understanding of OODD (Object-Oriented Design and Development).
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes and best practices.
- Solid knowledge of relational databases, with adequate SQL skills.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and experience working in an Agile development environment, utilizing Scrum or other Agile frameworks.
- Preferably, experience in integrating Guidewire cloud products with upstream and downstream applications in an enterprise environment.
- Experience working with Integrated Development Environment and knowledge of JSON processing.
- Familiarity with Guidewire Cloud engagement, specifically with App Events and Integration Gateway, is a plus.
- Familiarity or experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), particularly in the context of deploying and integrating Guidewire solutions within a cloud environment.
- Demonstrated ownership and commitment to program goals.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes all traditional offerings such as:
- Health Insurance options, Dental Insurance options and Vision Insurance
- Employee Life Insurance/AD&D and Dependent Life Insurance options
- Short-term & Long-term Disability
- Health Savings Account with potential employer match
- Flexible Medical and Dependent Care Account
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal/Identify Theft Insurance options
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan with match up to 5%, plus profit sharing & discretionary contributions (subject to vesting)
- 5 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 7 paid holidays
We also offer other benefits to help foster a healthy, balance lifestyle such as:
- Flextime schedules
- Paid Parental Leave
- Student loan paydown and refinancing assistance
- Educational assistance for job related courses, seminars, certifications or degrees
- One paid day every year to volunteer for your non-profit of choice
- On-site fitness center (Maine & Virginia) or fitness reimbursement
- Subsidized parking
- Sit-Stand desks & daily stretch breaks
MEMIC is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. MEMIC is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
Last updated on Feb 8, 2024