At Black Spectacles we’re on the hunt for teammates who:
- Are passionate about architecture and making an ambitious impact on the architecture and design community.
- Love to work on small, remote teams
- Owns it- comfortable taking responsibility for your work
- Take calculated risks and encourage others to do the same
- Take a world-class approach to everything you do
- Makes it safe to share ideas
- Takes care of your people
If this sounds like you, we need to talk!
Black Spectacles is an ambitious group of 25 fully remote teammates with the goal of growing to 75 over the next two years to support our purpose of helping architects thrive in their careers, trying to achieve big things to support the architecture community.
At Black Spectacles, you’ll benefit from working with a team who lives and celebrates our values every day, and you can be sure that you will regularly see and feel the impact of your work. As a fully remote company you’ll benefit from working from home year round, and from quarterly company trips to keep you connected to your team.
Black Spectacles has been recognized by Great Place to Work and Built In as a great place to work, by the American Institute of Architects for the national impact we’re having on the profession of architecture, and has been recognized by Inc Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in the country.
To keep that momentum going strong, we're on the hunt for a talented learning expert to join the Black Spectacles learning team and help us create impactful and engaging learning experiences for our customers on their journey to becoming licensed architects. As a learning designer, you’ll guide the direction of our learning content by planning, designing, and developing new learning experiences as we improve our ARE test prep content and build new products.
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts, editors, designers, and other members of the Content Team to craft compelling video-based learning content – including developing scripts and storyboards.
- Leverage learning theory and industry-standard best practices to update existing online course materials to meet learning objectives and ensure accuracy and engagement goals.
- Identify areas for improvement and assist in the design, development, and delivery of new course content or learning features that meet the needs of our customers.
- Maintain, evaluate, and support all instructional assets: quizzes, practice exams, flashcards, and study guides
Key outcomes of the job:
- Successfully deliver new ARE video lecture content on schedule
- Increase pass rates with the development of new learning materials
You might be a great fit if:
- Graduate degree in Learning Sciences
- 3+ years as an instructional designer or curriculum developer, or equivalent experience designing, developing, and producing e-learning content, including storyboards and videos
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. You can write effective copy, instructional text, and video scripts. You can skillfully explain complex topics with visuals as well as with words.
- A solid understanding of content development fundamentals and adult learning theory.
- Strong organizational skills; you are able to effectively prioritize assignments and competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, commitment to producing accurate work in a timely manner
- You are collaborative, creative, and a strategic thinker.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment on a highly collaborative team.
- You’re passionate about delivering a high-quality learning experience to our customers.
- Proficiency with storyboard and video development using Adobe Creative Suite
- Chicago based, fully remote remote role
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Health, Dental, Vision, Short-term / Long-term Disability and Life insurance
- Flexible Savings Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with Employer match
- Employee referral program
- Team events & quarterly gatherings
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.
Last updated on Mar 8, 2023