Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
We are looking for seasoned engineers who are quality conscious, product thinkers, business cognizant and smart – not mere coders. Engineers get to significantly amplify the impact of their work or creations with the scale that Careem operates at. The same scale also demands the engineers to produce super-efficient solutions.
What you'll do
- Lead the team technically in improving scalability, stability, accuracy, speed and efficiency of our existing Data systems
- Work closely with business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term Data Platform architecture to be efficient, reliable and scalable
- Conceptualize and own the data architecture for multiple large-scale projects, while evaluating design and operational cost-benefit tradeoffs within systems
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and data scientists to understand data needs, representing key data insights in a meaningful way
- Design, build, and launch collections of sophisticated data models and visualizations that support multiple use cases across different products or domains
- Solve our most challenging data integration problems, utilizing optimal ETL patterns, frameworks, query techniques, sourcing from structured and unstructured data sources
- Optimize pipelines, dashboards, frameworks, and systems to facilitate easier development of data artifacts
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science /Information Systems/Engineering/related field
- Overall 12 years of experience in software engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in Data engineering, familiar with large dataset
- Expert in few of the following: Apache Spark, Streaming, Flink, Kafka, Trino
- Expert coder with strong data structure and problem-solving skills.
- A good understanding of data architecture principles preferred
- Proven track of record for great learning skills, love to solve challenging problems
- Take a hands-on role in influencing and guiding day-to-day development activities by leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design review, code review, and implementation
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Open-source products
- Working in an agile environment using test driven methodologies
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
Last updated on Oct 10, 2023