Electrum is a leading B2B SaaS tech company focused on payments. We partner with some of South Africa’s biggest banks, retailers and MNO’s, enabling them to open their customers’ access to payments and digital goods and services. We love that the projects we work on touch the lives of millions of South Africans daily, making a real difference.
We hire the best, and offer great opportunities for personal growth and career progression.
We are growing a world-class partnerships team to support the expansion of our enterprise SaaS offering, and we’re looking for an Account Executive to join us to cultivate client relationships, articulate the return on their investment, and advance our strategic account footprint.
Having onboarded multiple new enterprise accounts in the last two years, coupled with the continuous expansion of our existing accounts, we are achieving significant growth. In this role, you will navigate complex B2B sales cycles within the financial services landscape to strategically grow our Payments SaaS offering at tier-one banks and other financial services enterprises.
Your responsibility will lie in building new payments revenue streams through targeted new logo acquisitions while expanding our existing enterprise accounts. You will be based in Cape Town, working within our growing Sales and Marketing team, with local and international networking and travel opportunities. Electrum has aggressive long-term aspirations and backs this with training and mentorship to grow effective teams, setting the stage for some great career opportunities.
- Three to five years of enterprise sales experience within the payments industry
- Proven track record of closing complex deals and retiring targets in a software (or technology)l field
- Experience selling to enterprise clients, particularly within tier 1 bank and financial services environments
- An understanding of business practices backed by a relevant university degree
- Ability to position technical solutions in a business context
- Ability to navigate complex sales cycles
- Proven negotiation experience
- Going the extra mile for your clients while ensuring the sustainability of the partnership
- Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, a clear sense of what it means to be part of a team, and a team of teams
Advantageous for the role:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to establish trust and rapport with client persona’s through active listening, empathy, integrity and diplomacy
- Referencable experience partnering with banks and other financial services enterprises
What your first six months would look like:
- Build and nurture key client relationships with a multitude of personas
- Create account and opportunity plans for the short, medium and long-term cross-sell and upsell of products that will expand Electrum’s partnership with customers, offering additional value for both parties
- Identify challenges and opportunities our clients and prospects are facing that can be solved with our products and solutions
- Work with the pre-sales team to help articulate and close the technical sale
- Work with marketing to identify account-based marketing campaigns to help influence deals through thought leadership content
- Sales management, including negotiating contracts and agreements, pipeline and database health.
- Contribute to the sales tools that will help you through the buying and sales process, such as buyer journey mapping, personas, use cases, demos, business cases, etc.
- Communicate month, quarter, annual and longer-term objectives with Electrum’s internal team and external clients.
What your longer-term business would look like
- Continue your six-month plan and include the following:
- Build and close a sales pipeline of new logos by understanding your prospect’s business objectives and Electrum’s product fit while navigating the complexities of the enterprise buying and sales process.
- Work with the sales development representative to research addressable markets and identify new sales opportunities by understanding market size, key target characteristics, persona pain points and product propositions.
- Work with the product team to define development opportunities for new products aligned to our core solutions.
- Work with marketing to identify outbound campaigns, develop collateral, blogs, case studies, etc., to help advance sales, generate inbound leads, or influence deals.
We have created a high-performance culture where you can expect the following:
- Career growth - Delivering world-class financial services software products in a fast-paced company is not easy and takes a considerable amount of effort. But in return for your effort, you'll get hands-on experience working on products used by millions of people and a high-quality work experience that will accelerate your career faster than anywhere else.
- Transparency - We openly discuss strategy, finances, salaries and other major decisions.
- Autonomy - We know you'll be able to make good decisions if you have good information, and we trust you.
- Shared Vision - You'll be able to shape a vision you can believe in - on how to build the future of financial services.
- Work-life balance - You know when your brain has switched off for the day, and you need to go for a hike or coffee shop with a view, but you also know when your team needs help to bring that strategic deliverable home. At Electrum, you will be expected to know when you deserve that time out and when you need to knuckle down and get the work done.
- These are a few practical ways we practise the culture we are so proud of:
- Flexible work hours
- Onsite gym and shower facilities
- Daily cooked lunches and a stocked kitchen for the afternoon nibbles
- Team socialising like hikes, getaways, and dinners
- A generous leave policy, starting at 20 days per year
- Fatsaks scattered around the office for deep thinking or meditation
We have created a safe, transparent environment where:
- We know mistakes happen, and that’s okay. We even have a three-step approach to dealing with them:
- Tell everyone about it
- Fix the mistake
- Tell everyone about the solution
- You are responsible for your actions – both the successes and the failures
- We talk openly about salaries and bonuses. At Electrum, we believe it’s evident why some people earn more and others a bit less. It’s like being on a sports team where salaries are widely known.
If this sounds like a role and place where you can spread your wings, please apply now.
Last updated on Sep 22, 2023