NAC is looking for new talent to join our Residential Steel Door Shop team! In this position, you will be directly involved in producing a high-quality product that is to be sold. Your work in assembling steel doors and other related products will surely make a difference in the lives of our valued customers! Adherence to safety policies is a must in this role, and we hope that individuals with a strong work ethic and attention to detail will consider applying today.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform all job operations in a safe manner in accordance with company safety policies.
- Read work tickets of items to be assembled using product knowledge and reading skills.
- Immediately after receiving work tickets read, prioritize and set-up schedule (daily).
- Assist in set up of machinery using work tickets and trade skills for specified product line.
- Set-up machinery daily, depending on the job to be performed.
- Coordinate necessary materials for production using work tickets and trade skills for specified product line.
- Fabricate/Assemble materials for the production of the finished goods specified using work tickets and trade skills.
- Inspect finished product for quality using product knowledge and work ticket.
- Monitor quality daily on an intermittent basis, concentrate more with new employee quality.
- Report all damaged material to the Interior Door shop supervisor so that it may be recorded, in order to maintain accurate inventory records. Mark damaged material with label supplied by the supervisor.
- Assist in the shop housekeeping i.e. sweeping, storing, cleaning.
Company Mission and Continuous Improvement
- Mission Statement – lives up to the company mission, values and strategic goals. “Provides exceptional products and services to every customer, every time.
- Always promote a positive image of our company and our employees.
- Continuous Improvement- gets involved on teams or individually to make and implement suggestions. Uses reliable methods to improve the efficiency of his/ her job method or the department to make small improvements to our business every day.
- Maintain work areas to 5s standards.(Sort, Set, Shine, Standardize, Sustain & Safety)
Required Education & Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Hand and power tools experience standard to the carpentry field (see list below)
- Ability to use measuring devices such as a tape measure and transfer them to a production piece within 1/32'
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; deal with problems involving a few concrete variables and standardized situations
- Must be able to work overtime when needed and some Saturdays to satisfy production schedule demands
- Must have prior experience in finish carpentry or assembly of finished wood products for the end user
- Knowledge of general safety guidelines in carpentry or construction field
- Some product knowledge of doors and door trim
- Experience working in a team environment
Machine, Equipment, Tool Skills
- Cardboard Stapler
- Cross Cut/ Radial Arm Saw
- Hot Melt/ Adhesive Applicator
- Jig Saw
- Kval Door Lite Machine
- Miter Saw-Delta
- Norfield Strike Machine
- Kval Strike Machine
- Ruvo Double End Trim Saw
- Sander-Cable Belt
- Sander- Orbital
- Screw Gun
- Staple Gun
- Table Saw “Saw Stop”
- Must take and pass post-offer screening drug test, physical and consent to a background check
- Standing/Walking: 8 hours repetitive on feet on concrete floor
- Stooping/Reaching/Bending: continuous to gather items and fabricate
- Overhead Lift: up to 7 lbs. without assistance and up to 14 lbs. w/ assistance.
- Lift/Grasp: with dominant hands and fingers up to 25 lbs. without assistance and up to 50 lbs. with assistance holding woodworking or steel components in fabrication
- Carry/Grasp: with dominant hands and fingers up to 60 lbs. without assistance and up to 120 lbs. with assistance
- Push/Pull: with dominant hands rolling carts of interior door products up to 600 lbs. without assistance and up to 1200 lbs. with assistance
- Vision: must see near and far sighted
- Hearing: must hear machinery sounds
- Shop warehouse building
- Must be able to work in varied temperature hot or cold depending on the weather and how it effects the shop temperature
- Extended work day (overtime) as needed
Required Tools or Clothing
- Work Boots with unworn treads
- Tape Measure
- Lunch box or lunch tote to bring lunch
- No hooded sweatshirts with strings
Last updated on Mar 26, 2018