POSITION SUMMMARY: The Controls Project Manager II is responsible for assisting an OTS Director in organizing our ongoing projects. This role involves monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures and ensuring that project deadlines are met on time. The Controls Project Manager II will assist with processes, procedures, management, and documentation needed for CPG's multiple data center infrastructure services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Determining project changes.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Developing project strategies.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- On-site project management as necessary, including but not limited to QA/QC checks on projects, deliverable inventory management, and safety protocol validation.
- Leads proposal efforts (Research / Cost Estimates / Proposal Documents) for medium to large projects
- Works with relevant stakeholders to review scope of project
- Conducts any surveys, inspections, tours, etc. of client sites, as required
- Prepares cost estimates and supporting documents for small projects
- Evaluation and pricing of change orders
- Divisional Management
- Actively follows emerging technical trends and contributes to Division leadership and guidance in area of practice
- Personnel Management
- Assigns technical tasks to engineers and administrative staff in support of projects
- Assigns technical tasks and coordinates with entry-level engineers
- Assigns tasks and coordinates with Technical Staff
- Bachelor's degree in engineering preferred
- 5 - 10 years
- Associate degree (add 3 years)
- High school diploma (add 5 years)
- Experience in reading electrical, telecommunications and control schematics and plans
- Experience in overseeing control system startup, configuration, and calibration
- Experience in testing and troubleshooting control systems
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience in Project Management Software (Project)
- Experience in CAD/CAE Software (Visio, AutoCAD)
Certificates and Licenses (Preferred):
- No supervisory responsibilities with this position.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time, Occasionally, lift and/or move 10 to 15 pounds. Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; occasionally required to climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus. Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction, finger dexterity, listen and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Communicate information and ideas in speaking so other will understand. Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing. Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Benefits to Joining Our Team
CPG offers a competitive and comprehensive package that includes additional benefits beyond enhanced medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Benefits - No Waiting Period (Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance)
- Flexible Spending & Health Saving Account Options
- 401K Plan
- Employer paid Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Commuter Benefits
CPG is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all employment applicants without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.