Equipment Operator (Skid Steer)
Location: Calgary, AB or Spruce Grove, AB
Here’s what you will do as an Equipment Operator at Spark Power:
- Perform pre-operational and hazard assessment checks on equipment and job site.
- Perform highly technical / sensitive excavations and backfill around energized power systems and in energized substation yards from 5kV to 500kV
- Perform assigned excavations on schedule, as directed by the Work leader and construction managers.
- Perform work in areas with restricted access and minimal
- Ensure grading, sloping, and trenching are done to the proper depth and grade.
- Conduct work in accordance with OH&S requirements.
- Conduct / schedule applicable machine maintenance and repairs as required
- Observe and note condition of excavator equipment to ensure standards are met and problems and defects are corrected.
- Work with construction crews in between operation duties and assist with various construction tasks
Do you have the Spark? Here’s what we are looking for:
- 5 years operating experience (Excavator OR Mini Excavator)
- 2 years operating experience (Skid Steer Loader)
- Class 5 drivers license – with clean driving abstract
- Able to travel throughout Southern Alberta 60-70% of the time
- Ability to work various shift schedules, extended hours and weekends
- Ability to travel for work as required
- Experience with loading / securing / transport of equipment
- Experience towing a trailer
- Ability to communicate with crew members, supervisors, and other colleagues
- Ability to prioritize in order to meet tight deadlines
- Good hand eye coordination
- Physical dexterity to handle prolonged sitting and operating an excavator / skid steer
- Demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to follow directions
- Reliable, punctual, and a team player
- Open to continuous learning
- Open to complete various other construction tasks in between equipment operational duties
- Must be able to comply with company Covid 19 vaccination policy
Here are some of the perks Spark employees enjoy:
- Diverse and exciting industrial, commercial and institutional customer base
- Growing company with consistent work and full time hours guaranteed
- Continuous training and skills improvement including Spark U and external training certifications
- Career advancement opportunities (such as Foreman, Project Manager)
- Competitive Wages
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Share Ownership Program
- Uniforms provided and cleaning service
- Tooling paid!
- Workboot allowance
- Corporate discounts (such as hotels, travel, insurance, retail..)
- Excellent Benefits Package with flexible options and wellness spending accounts
- Fun and diverse company culture
- …much more
Who is Spark Power?
We provide end-to-end electrical contracting, operations and maintenance services, and energy sustainability solutions to the industrial, commercial, utility, and renewable asset markets.
We have over 1300 employees across 38 offices across North America.
We have numerous exciting projects in commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors across Canada and the US.