Maven is the world’s largest virtual clinic for women and families on a mission to make healthcare work for all of us. Maven’s award-winning digital programs provide clinical, emotional, and financial support all in one platform, spanning fertility & family building, maternity & newborn care, parenting & pediatrics, and menopause. Employers and health plans trust Maven’s end-to-end platform to improve clinical outcomes, reduce healthcare costs, and provide equity in benefits programs. Founded in 2014 by CEO Kate Ryder, Maven has raised $300 million in funding from top healthcare and technology investors including General Catalyst, Oak HC/FT, Sequoia, Dragoneer Investment Group, and Lux Capital.
An award-winning culture working towards an important mission – Maven Clinic is a recipient of over 30 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- TIME 100 Most Influential Companies (2023)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built In Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
We are implementing modular, reliable designs utilizing Kotlin and state of the art tools (Retrofit, coroutines, Architecture Components, Kotlin Flows, Dagger). Our focus is on producing applications that are useable, accessible, reliable, and responsive to changing business needs.
As a Staff Android Engineer you will be working with a cross functional team including backend engineers, visual designers, and the rest of our mobile team. You demonstrate exceptional ownership of not only the area of your team, but across the entire Android codebase.
- Provide technical leadership and drive technical excellence contributing to the success of the team.
- Develop an excellent understanding of Maven’s business strategy, our mobile application and work with visual and business design specifications to meet the end-users’ needs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with external data sources and APIs.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Mentor and grow other android engineers.
- Raise the bar for android development by improving best practices, producing exemplary code and technical documentation, automated tests and thorough and precise monitoring.
- At least 8 years experience developing Android apps.
- 3+ years of experience leading teams and setting technical direction.
- 3 years of experience with Kotlin
- Experience with Kotlin Coroutines and Jetpack libraries including Compose
- Knowledge of modern application architectures (MVVM, MVI, etc).
- Experience with Android SDK
- Proficient with Android Studio and Git
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, recent trends, and emerging technologies
- Excellent communication skills. You collaborate effectively with cross functional teams to discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.
Maven is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Maven is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Maven Clinic interview requests and job offers only originate from an @mavenclinic.com email address (e.g firstname.lastname@example.org). Maven Clinic will never ask for sensitive information to be delivered over email or phone. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Maven Clinic please notify us at: email@example.com. For general and additional inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated on Sep 22, 2023