If you’re here, it’s because you’re looking for an exciting ride.
A ride that will fuel up your ambitions to take on a new challenge and stretch yourself beyond your comfort zone.
We’ll deliver a non-vanilla culture built on talent, where we work to amplify the impact on millions of people, paving the way forward together.
Not your usual app. We are the fastest-growing multi-category app connecting millions of users with businesses, and couriers, offering on-demand services from more than 170,000 local restaurants, grocers and supermarkets, and high street retail stores. We operate in more than 1500 cities across 25 countries. Every year, +200k merchants generate over 4B€ in sales through our platform and over 20M customers get their goods delivered in minutes.
Together we revolutionize the way people connect with their everyday needs, from delivering essentials to connecting our ecosystem of users through innovative solutions powered by technology. For us, every day is filled with purpose.
What makes our ride unique?
🤝 Our culture and strong values.
- We have an ‘’office-first’’ culture and we place collaboration at the center of everything we do!
- We have a non-vanilla personality and feedback mindset. We don’t shy away from difficult conversations - we see them as a gift!
- We work with high intensity and have fun along the way. We also celebrate the wins (a lot!).
- We celebrate diversity in all its forms and foster an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work.
💪Our career development philosophy.
- We are building a talent house of high performing teams and leaders. We invest in people who raise the bar and help others reach their full potential.
- We take ownership of our career development. We don’t believe in linear and predictable career paths - we create the job of our dreams!
- We embrace opportunities to move the needle and make an impact beyond our scope.
🤝Our commitment to being a force for good.
- Our platform is an important economic tool for millions of people (customers, partners, couriers) and we are taking action to amplify our positive impact.
- We invest in doing good by dedicating time and resources into social and environmental initiatives.
- We have the ambition of being DIB role models across the tech industry. We are creating environments, systems, and processes that provide equal opportunities, break biases, and empower our communities.
We have a vision: To give everyone easy access to anything in their cities. And this is where your ride starts.
Glovo believes that, by giving amazing service to our partners, we will be able to change the on-demand delivery market.
How are we doing this? By thinking big, and paying attention to small details. Glovo’s core product is a marketplace featuring the best restaurants in each city and delivery in less than 60 mins.
Glovo has recently introduced SaaS (Software as a Service) and LaaS (Logistics as a Service) products into our portfolio, to provide for all of our partners’ food ordering and delivery needs. Our SaaS allows partners to easily launch their online channel, and LaaS delivers it to the Customers with Glovo couriers.
Our vision is to offer our partners end-to-end solutions that help them grow and optimize their online and offline businesses. We believe most restaurants and stores will opt for a strategy that combines their channels, with marketplaces (like Glovo). We want Glovo to be the delivery partner of choice, and give them various opportunities to grow their delivery channel, together with marketplace sales (as Glovo).
As Head of On Demand for LaaS On-Demand, you will have a key role in the growth and success of the LaaS team.
This role is the perfect mix of the analytical with the creative - with the gravitas to lead and represent a rapidly growing startup internally at HQ, and externally to the local media and partners.
- Be the primary person responsible in Poland for selling and implementing LaaS On-Demand solutions
- Act like the LaaS CEO in Poland with a strategic 360 view of the business unit
- Define the medium and long-term strategy to achieve growth and profitability targets for Poland in the established time
- Own the P&L for Poland working closely with central finance, operations, and marketing teams
- After the development of the product, building, leading, and managing a team of a highly talented team from different departments - including operations, marketing, and sales
- Prioritize top accounts in Poland , identify the solutions, that each partner needs (working closely with local Account Managers), and develop an action plan for how to target and pitch them
- Build and adapt customized proposals for each partner, coordinating with development teams for technical and operations matters, also commercial teams for pricing
- Lead contract negotiations (w/ partner Account Manager) to establish a strong working partnership grounded on sustainable economics for both parties
- Understand partner needs and evaluate product-market fit - collect, compile, and share feedback with the HQ team
- Own the relationship with the partner for everything related to LaaS On-Demand solutions. This means that you will be the main point of contact for new requests, negotiations, development, implementation, and roll-out
- Share feedback from partners with product, and operations teams to generate improvements
- Understand the local environment, and constantly adjust our product to the needs of the market
- Monitor the daily performance of our partners, and help them proactively with ongoing issues and questions
- Monitor financial aspects of the business in Poland: pricing strategy, implementation costs, and continuous profitability through operation costs and recurrent sales, track operational metrics for key partners, ensuring the LaaS service is a success
- This person will be locally based reporting to the General Manager of Poland and indirectly to the HQ team
- Needs to be in constant contact with local account managers (XL accounts particularly) to push all potential deals
- Actively collaborate with your colleagues and learn from each other in a supportive environment that allows you to grow, develop and make a difference.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE RIDE:
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Account Management and/or Business Consultancy
- Farmer profile: customer oriented with strong commercial skills
- Ability to understand complex software needs and translate between restaurant partners and technical teams. Comfortable working with technical product and API integration teams.
- Accountability and ownership for projects from start to finish - can understand the entire funnel and identify where to take actions
- Willingness and ability to coordinate all technical, operational, and commercial aspects
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Project management skills, proactive, highly organized, and detail-oriented
- Problem solver, data-driven, analytical profile
- Motivated by working in a high-growth and high-performance start-up with a fast pace and multiple responsibilities
- Computer literate; good knowledge of G Suite and MS Office, Excel
- Excellent Polish Language and English skills
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude
We are always looking for the best candidates, so if you think you would be a good fit even if you don't meet 100% of the requirements we would love to hear from you!
Individuals representing diverse profiles, encompassing various genders, ethnicities, and backgrounds, are less likely to apply for this role if they do not possess solid experience in 100% of these areas. Even if it seems you don't meet our musts don't let it stop you, we are all about finding the best talent out there! Skills can be learned, and embracing diversity is invaluable.
We believe driven talent deserves:
- 🌟 An enticing equity plan that lets you own a piece of the action.
- 💪 Top-notch private health insurance to keep you at your peak.
- 🍔 Monthly Glovo credit to satisfy your cravings!
- 🏊 Discounted gym memberships to keep you energized.
- 🏖️Flexible time off, the freedom to work from home two days a week, and the opportunity to work from anywhere for up to three weeks a year!
- 🧠 Online therapy and wellbeing benefits to ensure your mental well-being.
- 📚 An external learning budget to fuel your thirst for knowledge and personal growth.
Here at Glovo, we thrive on diversity, we believe it enhances our teams, products, and culture. We know that the best ideas come from a mashup of brilliant diverse minds. This is why we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds - all genders, racial/diverse backgrounds, abilities, ages, sexual orientations and all other unique characteristics that make you YOU. We will encourage you to bring your authentic self to work, fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels heard.
Feel free to note your pronouns in your application (e.g., she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
So, ready to take the wheel and make this the ride of your life?
Delve into our culture by taking a peek at our Instagram and check out our Linkedin and website!
Last updated on Oct 16, 2023