CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Office Practice Leader for our Dallas, TX office. Look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience, make you a good match for this position, we would love to hear from you. We are looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Your role is focused on providing strategic leadership, specifically, developing and leading a high-performance, diverse, and inclusive, leadership team in an office of CannonDesign to achieve growth and outstanding top line results. You will develop and implement business plans for your office in context with a firm-wide blueprint for developing a network of highly integrated offices that enhance our SFMO (Single-Firm, Multi-Office) culture and grow the firm. Importantly, you will be a leading ambassador of our brand, responsible for demonstrating how our Living-Centered Design ethos comes to life in our culture and in the way we partner with clients. In this role the measures of success include:
- Office Growth: Providing leadership, guidance and support to Office and Market Leaders in the development of new business opportunities with client partners to achieve top line targets, which will support a minimum 10% growth of the office year over year.
- Strategic Leadership: Leading, engaging and partnering with all staff levels in the office and the firm to advance entrepreneurial opportunities, innovative market solutions, and impactful design solutions that differentiate the firm and create opportunities for increased market presence and office growth.
- Market Brand Enhancement: Acting as a leading voice for the office both externally and internally. Engaging in, as well as leading, activities that promote and elevate the brand of the office and the firm. Championing Living-Centered Design and bringing our firm’s purpose—to help people continuously flourish—to life in every touch point you have with employees, clients, and the community.
- Design Culture: Together with Design Leadership be a leading voice in the office for fostering a design-focused culture, understanding, and advocating for the power and impact of a diverse, equitable, inclusive and integrated response to the opportunities presented by our clients. Empowering our people to realize the importance of design in all that we do and championing innovation in client and team approach.
Areas of focus include but are not limited to the following:
- Business Plan Leadership: Responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic business plan for your office, including key strategies developed by and with the National Market Directors, Service Leaders and other Office Leadership. Responsible for engaging Office and Market Leaders to participate in the process, take ownership, communicate, and ultimately achieve the goals set forth in the plan.
- Top Line Development: Partner with Market Leaders, Service Leaders, Business Development Leaders, Client Leaders, and others to grow the business volume of your office and the firm. Be agnostic to market and champion strategic client development and initiatives that differentiate CannonDesign in the marketplace, promote the full range of our integrated design services and support the advancement of Living-Centered Design in all phases of client engagement. Be accountable for the top line success of your office. In this role you will have a personal goal of achieving top line success of $1.0M in the first 12 months and $2.0M per year thereafter in net signed fees.
- Practice and Market Building: Work with the Executive Director of Office Strategies to assess, evaluate and take appropriate action to address the senior talent needs in your office. Focus on building strong leadership teams advancing best practices of client leadership, and capable of expanding our growth potential. Work with senior leadership to establish actions to implement the firm’s business plan to grow top line, optimize collaboration and integration, and expand our markets, services, and the office.
- Staff Development: Champion mentoring and the growth and development of our future leaders. Work with Human Resources, Market and Office Leaders to identify, assess, mentor, and coach the employees in your office. Champion employee engagement activities and own results.
- Adherence to Business Practices: Partner with your office’s Business Practice Leader to champion the best practices of project management, risk management, process improvement, project leadership and office profitability.
- Communication: Be present in the community. Engage in activities that promote our brand in the local market. Represent office leadership and staff in firm-wide meetings, conferences, and events. Communicate outcomes, directions, initiatives, policies, etc. back to the office for implementation or information purposes. Develop and execute internal communication processes to keep staff informed and foster collaboration.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master's preferred.
- Licensure preferred.
- 10 years minimum experience with a proven track record of business development success and top line growth.
- Additional certifications and/or training relevant to this role is preferred.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Business acumen and proven ability to execute strategy.
- Professional acumen and maturity demonstrated by the ability to communicate authentically and respectfully.
- Some travel required.
- As a Federal Contractor, CannonDesign is required to comply with President Biden's Executive Order 14042. Therefore, as a condition of employment, all employees must provide proof of receipt of a full COVID-19 vaccination unless qualified for a valid medical or religious accommodation.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
For a general overview of our benefits, please visit our careers page at www.cannondesign.com/careers/
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.
Last updated on Oct 18, 2023