# of Beds 25 - all private rooms
If no Cerner experience, must have travel experience.Job Details:
Med surg RN
Shift: 12 hours nights
Duration: 13 WeeksPay rate: $2,377 Weekly Gross ($35.50/hr on W2 with $1,099 stipend)
- 1 year of experience in Med-Surg
- Active IL License
- Active AHA BLS or willing to obtain before start
1. General job duties. Types of procedures required.
Assess, diagnosis, implement and evaluate patient care. This unit is a general medical unit with focus on renal patients.
Common diagnosess/types of patients: Urology, nephrology, transplants (new kidney transplants are cared for by perm staff). General MedSurg overflow - wounds, infections, bowel resections, pneumonia, hospice, CIWA, chest tubes, surgical drains, complex care patients. (No dialysis on this unit.)
Average length of stay 3-4 days."
Are RNs required to titrate drips? Heparin only
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.)
wound VACs, IV pumps, CBIs, foley catheters, suction tubings, omnicell, pyxis, Cerner/millenium charting system
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience.
Candidate must be able to multi-task, ensure patients are safely cared for and work at a pace to meet patient demands. Must be able to work with the team including but not limited to other RNs on the unit, CNAs/PCTs, unit secretaries as well as other healthcare professionals on the unit-PT, OT, MDs, etc. MMC uses Cerner charting system. Prefer 1-2 years RN experience; If no Cerner experience, must have travel experience.
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required. (ARRT, CRT, BLS, ACLS, etc)
5. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends required?)
every other weekend, 12hr shift, no on-call requirement, can work extra shifts if desired and willing to hire into 48hr/week position if desired by the candidate
6. Floating to other units/departments. (If so, to which units/departments?)
May float to other med-surg departments depending on unit census
7. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept.
25 beds, all private rooms
8. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit. (nursing only)
Often have 4-5 nurses working day shift & 3-4 nurses on nights, if three RNs and no LPNs will cap census at 21. Often utilize LPNs & do a team nursing approach, can be 7-9 patients/team."
9. Dress Code:
any color scrubs
10. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program.
The RN will go through 24hrs of clinical orientation on the unit in addition to classroom training for quaility information and computer training •
Last updated on Jul 19, 2023