High Tech Elementary North County
High Tech Middle North County
Reports To: Aftercare Director & School Director
FLSA Classification: Hourly Classified
Full Time/Part Time Status: Part-Time, non-exempt
Framework: Hourly Range: $16.30- $18.28
Benefits: This position does not qualify for benefits.
Developed by a coalition of San Diego civic leaders and educators, High Tech High opened in September 2000 as a small public charter school with plans to serve approximately 450 students. HTH has evolved into an integrated network of sixteen charter schools serving approximately 6,350 students in grades K-12 across four campuses.
Located in San Diego County, California, High Tech High (HTH) is guided by four connected design principles—equity, personalization, authentic work, and collaborative design—that set aspirational goals and create a foundation for understanding our approach. If you are motivated by these principles, we encourage you to join our team!
HTH seeks a Before/Aftercare Assistant to lead students in a variety of after-school activities.
The after-school program is an important element of the school day experience. Our Aftercare Assistants play unique roles as mentors, tutors, activity leaders, and sports coaches. In addition to providing a safe and quiet place for students to study or receive extra tutoring, our program also offers enrichment opportunities. This position is in-person and on-campus.
● Supervise school-aged children indoors and outdoors
● Maintain an orderly, safe, and organized environment for the students
● Take attendance to ensure that all students are accounted for
● Plan, develop and run engaging student activities
● Assist students with virtual learning activities and homework assignments
● Understand and implement emergency procedures, including safety protocols
● Perform related duties as assigned
The ideal candidate would possess the following competencies:
● Ability to work well with school-aged students
● Comfortable leading enrichment activities with students
● Inform and communicate effectively
● Ability to work with diverse populations
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
● High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
● Experience working with students
If you fit the qualifications above, and are looking for a forward-thinking, innovative institution that embodies visionary leadership and embraces diversity, then High Tech High is the place for you!
High Tech High provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, High Tech High complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the practice has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.