ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech company dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 130 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
We are seeking a motivated intern to join our R&D development team for a six-month period, starting in April 2024. During this internship, you will work alongside a team of experienced professionals, gaining exposure to various aspects of our robotic systems and locomotion-specific functions. Your primary responsibility will involve setting up a 1DOF test bench (hardware and software) for fatigue analysis and performance evaluation of our electric motors. You will lead this project from collecting requirements until the commissioning of the test bench and finally ensure its smooth functionality.
Market & Our Technology
ANYbotics transforms industrial plants in the energy, process, and utility sector by introducing robotics to a wide range of novel applications that so far were beyond reach. Our customers are large asset operators and industrial service providers pioneering the use of robotics technology for inspection and maintenance. Our mobile robot ANYmal uses legs for extreme mobility in complex environments, camera- and LIDAR-based sensing for full autonomy and obstacle avoidance, and AI for high-quality and consistent inspection results. We develop numerous customized hardware systems, including the entire robotic platform, actuators, sensors, inspection payloads, charging systems, and all related ANYbotics mechanical hardware.
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams from both hardware and software
- Evaluate available test systems on the market
- Plan, design, build, program and commission a 1 degree-of-freedom test bench for fatigue testing
- Develop and implement a range of motion and torque control profiles to mimic the loads occurring on the robot
- Ensure the long-term testing and usability of the test set-up, guaranteeing optimal performance throughout its lifespan
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mechanical or robotics engineering
- First-hand experience and an interest in CAD design and mechanical function testing, as well as the motion control of mechatronic systems
- A driven personality with a passion for technology
- Ability to work autonomously in a team
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Familiar with ROS programming
- Experienced in programming with C++ and Python
Please note that we are only able to consider applications from Schengen-Area citizens (except for ETH and EPFL students' compulsory internship).
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing company and an ambitious team that is on a mission to change the industrial inspection market, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.
Last updated on Feb 9, 2024