Thunes is a B2B company that powers payments for the world’s fastest-growing businesses - from Gig Economy giants such as Uber and Deliveroo and Southeast Asia's superapp Grab, to global Fintech leaders such as PayPal and Remitly.
With a single, simple connection, your business and customers can send payments to – and get paid in – every corner of the world. Instantly.
We support 70+ currencies, enable payments to 130 countries, and help you accept 300+ payment methods.
Thunes is headquartered in Singapore with regional offices in London, Paris, Barcelona, Shanghai, Miami, Dubai, and Nairobi.
Context of the role
We’re looking for a Senior / Technical Project Manager to be an integral part of our Solutions Delivery Team.
As part of the Solution Delivery team, this role will bring you great opportunities to work on various projects, collaborating with a diverse range of partners and teams.
The Solution Delivery team is responsible for supporting the integration of partners within the Thunes Cross-Border Payment platform. Processing millions of transactions per month and interconnecting hundreds of partners from all around the world, Thunes is continuously growing its coverage and footprint in the industry. A career with Thunes provides invaluable experience in an exciting and rapidly expanding market and an opportunity to be part of a truly global company with various offices worldwide and a workforce that includes dozens of different nationalities.
Qualities you would find in our Solutions Delivery Team
- Strong Team Spirit - Ability to learn lots of things and happy to help and each other
- Empowerment - Initiatives to build tools and propose solutions that adds value to the business
- Ownership - End to end ownership of project management in continuous integration from concept to deployment
We’re looking for a highly driven, self-motivated, technically hands-on person who is truly excited about having a meaningful impact within the company and for our partners.
In this role, you will combine a startup mindset with the scale of an industry leader. Working with different types of partners you must remain agile and always adapt your process and mindset to the partner you are dealing with. In this role you will
- Proactively scope the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and Thunes.
- Coordinates closely with sales, sales support, and delivery teams to align solution design with customers’ business requirements
- Secure from customer technical resource commitments needed to ensure a deal’s “technical close.”
- Lead and drive the partner integration from the analysis phase though the integration design until go live and post-delivery monitoring
- Support existing partners that are already integrated to the platform with their daily challenges and expansion plans
- Provide solutions and contribute to proof of concepts outside of the box for some special projects
- Drive improvements for internal monitoring, reporting and operational tools and processes
- Provides training to the sales team in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills
To stand out you will
- Be customer facing – you will have a close relationship with our partners and business development teams to expand our coverage and services
- Work closely with different internal teams to understand and support operational processes and new solutions
- Always keep a solution mindset and look for improvements that you can bring to the organization
- Work with an agile and expanding team, offering mentoring, training and possibly management to junior members
- Participate in continuous integration, managing updates from concept to deployment
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities within customer firms
What we are looking for
- Prior & proven min. ~5 years of experience in a technical project management (API / Integrations) or solutions delivery role with external stakeholders
- Experience in a B2B company supporting partners on a technical solution or service
- Experience working and strong interest in the Fintech and/or Payment Industry and market innovations
- Experience working and integrating with APIs over IP (REST, Web Services, …)
- Experience working in an Agile environment – Jira management is a plus
- Demonstrate motivation to learn new skills and technologies
- Ability to work effectively, multi-task, agile and take responsibility in challenging situations
- Strong customer focused and result oriented mindset
- Independent and proactive - willing to get things done
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, be creative, friendly and solution-oriented with customers and colleagues
- Good written & verbal communication skills in English and Portuguese
Sound like you? Apply now!
Last updated on Sep 15, 2023