Fender Musical Instruments Corporation is a world-famous brand with offices across the globe. Within Fender Musical Instruments Corporation’s ("FMIC") China marketing team, we will connect the culture and product legacy of Fender with Chinese consumers and musicians, support them at every stage of their music career.
An American icon, Fender was born in Southern California and has built a worldwide influence extending beyond the studio and the stage. A Fender is more than an instrument, it’s a cultural symbol that resonates globally.
We are searching for a Marketing Director based Shanghai, China. This is a critical position accountable for all marketing activities by leading the Brand Marketing, Digital Marketing, Social, Design Creative, Artist Marketing, Event, PR and E-commerce Marketing to plan and execute marketing initiatives, campaigns and creative work-streams across the marketing organization.
- Build, lead and manage an effective, detail-oriented, highly collaborative and technically-savvy, Marketing team able to establish, manage and evolve a common, integrated planning framework, processes & procedures and governance model for marketing team and internal business partners to leverage.
- Follow the rolling of Global FMIC and FMCJ Marketing Calendar, localize Go To Market Plans for key product launches to ensure all key products and brand initiatives for any given year are clearly sequenced & prioritized, budgeted for, and have KPI’s defined across Product, Marketing, Sales and Operations.
- Strategic planning on Fender China local marketing initiatives to build the brand image and tone of voice in China.
- Lead the communication among global marketing team, Japan marketing team and China marketing team.
- Establish, manage and build an effective, on-going, consumer insights process to deepen Fender China’s understanding of its current/core, and future/new consumers within the context of the overall brand planning calendar, and to inform the development of brand-, marketing- and product-level concepts, strategies and overall brand positioning efforts.
- Own and drive the Fender China Marketing dashboard including weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting of activation, ROI, performance to KPI’s and other presentations and reports as needed. Includes campaign, product launch and initiative-spend analysis.
- Oversee planning, management, and maintenance of operating budgets for Fender China Marketing to drive efficiency and effectiveness in conjunction with impacted marketing and sales functions.
- Establish and generate marketing reporting and analytics that measure impact/ROI of the marketing function.
- Oversee all marketing functions including, but not limited to, scheduling and production of concepts, lead generation, contract negotiation, database management, legal submissions, cost control, performance tracking, efficiency management, and systems management.
- Requires 7-10 years of progressive management experience in marketing field within a multi-category marketing organization or advertising agency. Experienced in a similar role, responsible for the Public Relations and Corporate Communications strategies for China relevant, consumer-driven brands and/or agencies in Music, Lifestyle, Fashion/Luxury Goods and/or Media.
- Experienced in directing the planning, production and execution of multiple marketing projects and creative work-streams across digital, media, social, events, advertising and other relevant consumer channels within a global organization or agency. A proven track-record launching multiple consumer products and brand campaigns to broad consumers across mass media, while balancing targeted influencer/media strategies with core verticals by leveraging digital and social media platforms, channels, applications, and tools.
- Experienced in managing & leading an effective consumer insights & consumer research protocol and resources to drive concept development and brand positioning within an agency or lifestyle brand.
- Ability to effectively work with customers, business team, product team, distributor, and vendors. Capability of juggling a multitude of tasks with varying deadlines. Ability to prioritize work and adapt to changing priorities.
- People Management, coaching and development skills. Driving team performance and maximizing team resources and time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Effective communication skills, both written and verbal. Passionate about music, guitars, and Fender.
- Language: Full bilingual capability both in English and Chinese. Business level English language proficiency.
- Education: University degree required; bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, design or a related field or the equivalent level of experience preferred; master’s degree preferred.
About Fender Musical Instruments:
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is one of the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors, whose portfolio of brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Presonus®, Gretsch®, Jackson®, EVH®, Charvel®, Bigsby®, and Groove Tubes®, among others. For more information, visit www.fender.com. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
Last updated on Oct 16, 2023