We're looking for a part time Crisis Helpline Responder with proven experience as a helpline counsellor or responder, and completed training in Crisis intervention or Suicide prevention.
Intellect is a digital mental healthcare company providing an entirely new way for employers to effectively care for their employees' health & mental wellbeing. We're a team of psychologists, clinicians, and technologists providing an evidence-based approach to proactively help anyone, no matter where they are on their mental health journey. Our mission is to make mental health support radically more accessible, preventative & relatable, and stigma-free. Join us on our mission to reinvent how mental healthcare is being delivered
Role & Responsibilities
- Responding to telephone hotline for crisis support of those bereaved through suicide, engaging in self-harm, experiencing suicide ideation and concerned friends or family members.
- Providing a range of evidenced based, professional crisis counselling services and personal support, employing de-escalation techniques and crisis intervention techniques
- Assessing the caller's needs and triage for immediate safety or emergency medical attention of callers, or referrals to appropriate service referrals such as face-to-face crisis intervention, case management/advocacy services, individual therapy, or group services.
- Maintaining accurate and detailed call reports on key issues and referrals actioned
- Complying with responsibilities under the Data Protection Acts 1988, 2003 & 2018 (GDPR)
- Supporting in the development of appropriate crisis management plans to support callers in crisis
- Make a quick in-the-moment decision on how to move forward if the responder is not sure how to proceed
- Ensuring smooth and diligent handover process to next shift personnel
- Dedicating entire shift to intellect tasks and responsibilities only
- Conducting risk assessments, including lethality assessment for suicide cases
- 1 - 3 years of experience in helplines, either in a paid or voluntary capacity
- Can effectively communicate in their native language
- Experience working with high risk clinical situations (at risk of or affected by suicide or crisis cases) and
- Ability to maintain emotional composure in high stress situations, ability to bounce back from stressful interactions and high-risk case
Plus Points if you:
- have a background in mental health or emergency services
- Completed training in Crisis Intervention or Suicide Prevention
- can effectively communicate in more than 1 language
- maintain professional indemnity insurance
Last updated on Sep 19, 2022