Who We Are
Founded in 2017, Unit8 is a fast-growing Swiss AI and data analytics company dedicated to solving complex problems of traditional industries like automotive, chemical, finance, manufacturing and pharma. We work with some of the biggest organisations in the world to solve the challenges that directly affect their business, be it operations, finance, manufacturing or R&D. Since our foundation, we have successfully delivered more than 50 projects.
Unit8’s mission is to drive the adoption of AI and Data Science in the non-digital industries and to help accelerate their digital transformation. Among its activities, Unit8 dedicates a part of its resources and time on projects that deeply matter to us - that includes collaboration on pro-bono and “engineering for good” cases.
Are You the team member we are looking for?
Unit8 is looking for a Data Reliability Engineer (a.k.a Site Reliability Engineer for data infrastructure, pipelines and applications). Your role will focus on ensuring continuous and scalable delivery of business value provided by data platforms and applications of our clients.
- You have hands-on experience with building or maintaining solutions in a broad domain of data, machine learning and AI.
- You have understanding of at least one of the following concepts: distributed data processing (Spark), orchestration of ETL/ELT flows, management of data pipelines, data quality monitoring
- You have practical experience with performing root cause analysis and documenting lessons learned from production incidents (e.g. creating post-mortem reports)
- You are familiar with DevOps and Infrastructure as a Code concepts (eg. Ansible/Terraform/Cloud Formation).
- You have good understanding of Linux system administration and basic networking knowledge.
- You are a good communicator with good organisation skills and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Knowledge of one of the major cloud solutions (AWS/GSP/Azure) would be a plus
- You are eligible to register as a sole trader (self-employment) in Poland. Don’t worry if you don’t know how to do the registration, we can help with that.
What You'll Do
Unit8 is designing and building a wide range of platforms and applications both on premise as well as in the cloud. Once a solution reaches production, it’s going to be exposed to many risks potentially affecting: data quality, accuracy, consistency, latency, performance, costs. You will be responsible for guarding against those threats, keeping our solutions up and running, and also responding to unexpected incidents.
Typical duties of a Data Reliability Engineer will consist of:
- Auditing production solutions and implementing improvements to make data pipelines more resilient to failures
- Configuring checks and alerts to respond to issues before they impact users
- Building automation for operations tasks (e.g. using scripts to automate activities)
- Monitoring of data pipelines on the platform to identify performance issues
- Incident management (2nd/3rd level support)
- Configuring CI/CD of cloud environment, Infrastructure as Code
- Infrastructure maintenance coordination (patches, upgrades)
- Platform maintenance (patches, upgrades, backup)
Opportunities you can take advantage of
- High-trust working environment & merit-based decision making
- A high degree of independence and large space for growing responsibilities and shaping the young company
- Exposure to client-facing roles and real word challenges from day one
Benefits you will receive
- Compensation package including base salary, yearly bonus based on the performance of the company
- 30 paid days off
- Self-employment flexibility linked with B2B contract
- Private health care and Multisport
- Up to 10% time for self-development, knowledge sharing sessions with other engineers as well as external training/conferences
- Cross offices/company-wide frequent events (off-site or online) as well as a quarterly budget to spend with the team on after-work activities
- Extended parental leave conditions.