As a Floor Leader, you'll play a vital role in supporting the Store Management Team across all areas of the business. This includes everything from driving sales and opening/closing the store to analyzing sales results and leading training sessions. Together with your fellow leaders, you'll work to ensure that every aspect of the store is firing on all cylinders, creating an exceptional customer experience, a happy and motivated staff, and operational excellence that would make even the most detail-oriented among us proud.
Your day-to-day will be spent on the shop floor, where you'll lead and inspire a team of sales associates to achieve and surpass their goals. By fostering a culture of passion and positivity, you'll help create a work environment that's both productive and fun, resulting in happy customers and happy employees. The Floor Leader role is all about making the world a better place one soap at a time!
Sales & Customer Experience:
- Driving Sales: Utilize the StoreForce dashboard results to provide effective coaching and feedback to the sales team, and make necessary adjustments to the shop floor structure to meet and exceed sales goals. Take ownership for your results and actively work to grow the contribution of your segments to the store’s overall sales. Celebrate sales achievements with your team!
- Customer Experience: Lead by example in delivering a world-class customer experience on the shop floor, including product demonstrations. Observe and listen to consultations, collaborate with your team, and strive to exceed daily sales goals. By fostering a culture of excellence in customer service, you'll drive sales, create a loyal customer base, and build a positive reputation for your store.
- Building the Brand: Educate customers on Lush brand values, and articulate our position on Fighting Animal Testing, Freshest Cosmetics, Ethical Buying, 100% Vegetarian, Handmade, and Naked Packaging in the shop and through community engagement, hosting store parties, and other traffic-driving initiatives.
- Product Passion: increase the depth of your product knowledge through constant learning and consistently make informed product recommendations for every need.
- Development: Train and coach Sales Ambassadors and peers on effective sales techniques and product knowledge to improve their performance, support the growth of your team, and to increase sales. Lead by example, take ownership of your development, assess your performance, and actively seek feedback, resources, and opportunities to improve and elevate your skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging: Encourage open communication and actively listen to team members perspectives related to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB). Foster a sense of belonging by promoting teamwork, encouraging collaboration, and recognizing and valuing each employee's unique contributions.
- Cash Handling and Store Opening/Closing: Manage cash handling, including customer transactions, opening/closing the register, reconciling cash drawers, preparing nightly deposits, and securing the store at the end of each day. As required at your store location, take deposits to the bank.
- Time and Attendance: Lead by example in terms of attendance and punctuality, and encourage the same from all employees. Monitor employee breaks to ensure they are taking their scheduled breaks, promoting a healthy work environment and improving employee wellbeing. Review daily communications, including store updates and task lists, to ensure that team members are informed and prepared for their shifts, promoting a culture of preparedness and organization.
- Visuals and Merchandising: Maintain a clean, organized, and visually appealing store to enhance the customer's shopping experience and drive sales.
- Stock and Inventory: Train your team on inventory best practices and fresh standards, and support management with inventory tasks. Utilize Visual Merchandising guidelines to make real-time adjustments to product displays based on sales and improve the customer experience.
- Policies and Procedures: Support your management team to keep your store compliant and ensure your staff are practicing company standards for opening and closing, product integrity, respectful workplace, and health and safety.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in:
- customer service and sales
- cash handling and opening/closing procedures
- supervisory experience involving coaching, feedback, and training
- problem-solving issues related to customer service in day-to-day operations
- a fast-paced team environment
- Knowledge and passion for skincare, natural beauty, and ethical business
- Flexible schedule to accommodate store needs, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Experience with consultation-based customer service models
- Experience analyzing sales metrics
- Experience working in skincare or cosmetics
- Experience in cross cultural collaboration and DEIB or social justice training
- Fluency in Spanish, French or other languages