Our Client in Johannesburg who is in the construction industry is currently seeking a skilled Bookkeeper. As a Bookkeeper, your primary responsibility will be to maintain the company's financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts, and payments. Working closely with the Accounting team, you will create and analyze financial reports, ensure compliance with legal requirements, process accounts payable and receivable, and manage invoices and tax payments.
- Preparing journal entries for various financial transactions.
- Preparing general ledger reconciliations.
- Filing source documents
- Maintaining cash books and performing bank reconciliations
- Load payments into Standard Bank and FNB platforms including those for Crowie group companies
- General banking administration, credit cards, downloading bank statements, etc.
- Timeous funding of debit orders
- Issuing sundry and intercompany invoices and statements as necessary.
- VAT reconciliations and efiling
- Manage any financial accounting risks through implementing effective control frameworks.
- Support the Finance Manager and Accountant in ensuring that all operations and activities of the Group are conducted in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, governance documents / guidelines approved by the Board, policies, and sound business practices. Ensure that policies and strategies are uniformly understood, properly interpreted and administered by all.
- Provide the Finance Manager and Accountant with sufficient and up to date information so that he/she is able to keep Exco abreast of all material undertakings and activities of the Group as well as material external factors affecting the Group
- Work effectively in a team environment to ensure delivery of high-performance service to business units.
- Ensure maximum bank interest is earned and minimize bank interest paid by transferring funds between current and call accounts across all bank accounts in the Crowie Group.
- Daily monitoring of bank accounts to detect fraudulent transactions and inform relevant staff of receipts.
- Diploma/degree in Bookkeeping/ Finance
- 3-5 years experience in a similar orle
- Extensive Cashbook/Bookkeeping/Clerical Accounting experience
- Buildsmart experience advantageous
- Construction experience advantageous
- Advanced Excel, Word
Our client is offering a highly competitive salary for this role based on experience.
Apply for this role today, contact Keegan Wolhuter, Chelsea Ward or Xavier Magliolo at RPO Recruitment
You can also visit the RPO Recruitment website: rporecruitment.us or email us your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will contact you telephonically in 3 days should you be suitable for this vacancy. If you are not suitable, we will put your CV on file and contact you regarding any future vacancies that arise.
Last updated on Feb 9, 2024