PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION: As IT Generalist, you will be responsible for On-Site overall information system support, maintenance, diagnosing & troubleshooting in a variety of IT functional areas in a fast paced, customer oriented environment including but not limited to, desktop/end user support, network/rack support, break/fix support.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs technical tasks such as installing, configuring, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing of laptop, desktop, thin client hardware and software, wireless devices, printers, related peripherals, mobile devices, videoconference equipment, etc.
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of TCPIP, DNS, DHCP, VOIP.
- Support other corporate desktop applications such as MS Office, Google Docs, Gmail, VPN, etc.
- Perform some basic programming and application troubleshooting
- Maintain a secure and safe environment by ensuring all security patches and new anti-virus definition files are deployed to all workstations, servers, etc.
- Must be able to respond to security threats in the environment and assist with any remediation immediately, day or night.
- Performs various audits including local admin audit, software license audits, deletion of terminated user’s equipment, inventory, etc.
- Have an understanding and be able to manage software licensing
- Maintain up to date asset inventory
- Able to work independently at times with little supervision, as well as with a corporate team of helpdesk technicians, engineers, and programmers, etc.
- Ability to effectively work with outside vendors and technicians as needed.
- Able to work effectively under deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment supporting all team members from Employees to Executives while delivering exceptional service
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Excellent ability to communicate both orally and written with team members
- Weekend or after hours work may be required to support business functions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in a related science from an accredited university desired
- 3 years of hands-on information technology experience in networking and desktop services.
- Pick Basic/ Unidata application maintenance and developments are a plus
- Ability to handle multiple projects effectively
- Desire and drive to learn
- Ability to adapt and think outside of the box to find viable and secure solutions
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs at times
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Honor Foods, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in our application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation; illegal preferences or discrimination based up non-job related information or protected characteristics.