The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, this position will have key responsibilities in Manufacturing for identifying and implementing process improvements to ultimately drive throughput improvement for Enviva. This role will also have cross talk across all Enviva plants as well as the Best Practice Team to align on these improvements company wide.
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership in the areas of Environmental, Health, and Safety
- Provide hands-on leadership to a Manufacturing team focused on developing and improving manufacturing processes, efficiencies, and overall throughput
- Oversee a team focused on executing strategic initiatives to drive equipment reliability improvements and process improvements
- Value Stream mapping the processes required for identifying gaps and waste
- Lead the effort to identify, investigate, recommend and implement equipment improvements and process systems changes that will improve quality of the finished product
- Establish a financial engineering forecast and execute against the plan
- Drive projects to completion to provide a true economic return
- Improve and verify technical skill levels of all associates on the team
- Identify and address skill performance gaps within converting team
- Work with Centers of Excellence to influence Asset Reliability and Reliability Strategies (including spares, down day planning, lubrication, operator basic care routes, asset clean to inspect, etc.
- Have an open mind with a questioning attitude to identify true root cause and implement countermeasure to eliminate failures
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering (specifically Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical).
- Five (5) years of experience in a process engineering role involving manufacturing, repair or modification, three (3) of which in a lead or supervisory role preferred. Experience in wood products or paper manufacturing is highly desired.
- Must demonstrate strong knowledge of process design and improvement
- Must be able to define engineering work statements and provide accurate labor estimates.
- Must be self-starting, detail-oriented and an effective planner and project manager. Must also have specific knowledge of engineering workflows, configuration control and change management.
- Must be an effective leader and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate good computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be familiar with continuous improvement methods
- Must have experience with leading teams of technical people and managing complex projects.
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Experience working within a paper or wood pellet plant with mechanical / electrical engineering responsibilities
- Experience with software tools such as AX, Power BI, Microsoft 365
- Must be able to travel occasionally (<10%).
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.
Last updated on Oct 26, 2023