We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our Mobile Apps team and help us deliver the best mobile apps around for sports betting and gaming!
Every day, thousands of people across the world play on our products, whether betting on sports or playing their favourite games, predominantly from their mobile phones. Our ambition is to deliver the best customer experience in the industry, and our mobile apps are key in delivering on that ambition. We strive to be leaders when it comes to quality of our mobile apps, building products that players love and would choose over everyone else.
We are now looking for an Engineering Manager to join us and lead a growing team of engineers towards achieving those ambitions.
A taster of what you will be doing:
- Build and lead high-performing engineering teams, driving excellence in recruitment, onboarding, coaching & mentoring, career development, team processes, and team organisation.
- Lead by example in fostering an engineering culture of ownership, collaboration, and passion for delivering quality products.
- Be an active part of the cross-functional leadership team for the area, collaborating closely with your product and architecture counterparts to support product and technical goals.
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders across the organisation to share knowledge & experiences, and to improve cooperation across engineering teams.
- Take accountability for the delivery of your teams in terms of quality and time, advocating and advancing modern agile software development practices as a means for continuously improving delivery.
- Driving technical excellence across the teams, ensuring performance and stability are always top of mind and championing technical initiatives for consideration in the development roadmap..
What we are looking for:
- You are experienced in building and leading high performing engineering teams.
- You are equally passionate about developing people and delivering products that customers will love.
- You have extensive experience developing mobile apps for Android.
- You are highly knowledgeable about modern agile software development practices and how they can be implemented at scale.
- You care about application performance and reliability and know how to bring this to the forefront.
- You have strong organisational and project management skills, with the ability to drive execution and delivery.
- You are an excellent communicator, with professional working proficiency in English.
- It would also be awesome if you have prior experience in the gaming industry.
What's in it for you:
- You will be working on fun yet complex products reaching worldwide audiences.
- You will be actively contributing to the development of our products and their success.
- You will be working side by side with some of the greatest talents in the industry.
- You will find a friendly and supportive environment; professional development programmes and trainings that will help you achieve your goals and grow both technically as well as professionally.
- In addition to all of this, you will be part of the multi-cultural Betsson community.
What we offer
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1700 strong, spread across 7 offices with 900 based out of our Malta HQ alone! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
We offer numerous challenges where your skills will be put to good use! We encourage innovation, independence and celebrate success where you will be part of multi-cultural and diverse company, with people from all over the world.
Last updated on Sep 28, 2023